PDA

View Full Version : Job with A320 TR no hrs. on Type?

BlueWhiteSky
14th Dec 2005, 09:24
Hello community,

I'm looking for advice to find a A320 family job with no hrs. on type.
Recently I finished the A320 TR with the sim check and look now for a company where I can do the base training (6 landings) and the chance to get a offer for FO position. I have TT 1400 Turboprop ~750.

I appreciate any info on companys who are doing base training and also how are the possibilities with contract companys.

Thanks a lot.

BlueVolta
14th Dec 2005, 09:41
Without the base training you are not properly qualified...
Have a look in a country like Turkey, they might require some "just" rated FO.

despegue
14th Dec 2005, 11:15
As long as you have no base training, you are not type-rated, and can't have the rating on your licence.

your training provider has to organise this last and vital part of your type-rating.

I'm afraid that your chances to find a job without having done base-trng. are very remote.

After base training, try Atlas, Sky and Onur in Turkey, Wizz in Hungary/ Poland.

Also, Adria is sometimes looking for people, but you'll probably have to pay for the "priveledge" of working for them.

Stay away from the criminals called "Eaglejet"!!!

hotelmodemetar
14th Dec 2005, 12:05
Try to apply with Vueling, at BCN, at the moment they are looking for many, many new A320 pilots. :cool:
www.vueling.com

good luck!

cfimei
14th Dec 2005, 13:00
despegue - what's with the accusation that Eaglejet are criminals?

FLYbyWIT
14th Dec 2005, 13:06
twinjet based in luton have facilitated people in the past for the base check, but it will help if the TRTO where you trained makes the call.
For a job try inter in turkey as they recently advertised for FO's, with no particular hrs on type requirement.

MASsenger
16th Dec 2005, 05:29
BlueWhitesky, give Air Asia a shot. They are getting 100 A320s and in need of pilots. The webste is www.airasia.com Good luck mate!

A320rider
17th Dec 2005, 16:17
eagle jet are whatever you want, but if you read one of my theories, you will see that asking money from a commercial pilot who is supposed to be paid, it is against the law, ...

atccfi
18th Dec 2005, 13:27
So you paid for your type rating and now can't find a job..... GOOD!!! You idiot. That's what you get. I hope you don't find a job and let this be a lesson to all who are willing to lower their standards. It is the employer's responsibility to train you and pay you while you are being trained.... why would you even consider doing that? This industry is all backwards, and in large part it is because of people like you!! Have fun paying back that loan....

Fancy Navigator
18th Dec 2005, 14:54
....I can only second that....!!!:8 :ouch:

doughboyo
18th Dec 2005, 14:57
me three!!!!!!:8 :ouch: :}

that was me 6 months ago...........

but after endless hours of watching someone else fly a dustbin in VFR conditions I thought the time for a change had cometh.......

so I went and bought myself a A320 type rating and for the first time in a long time I felt alive again...............

children were no longer throwing rocks at me and women were no longer ignoring my advances in the local pub...............

oh and by the way,
got hired by a company shortly there after, (no hours on type)
starting early next year..........

:ok: :ok: :ok:

Fish Out of Water
19th Dec 2005, 16:12
Had a mate that paid for the rating and he had to search high and low for a job (hasn't everyone!).

Eventually ended up in Turkey, as others here have suggested. Just be prepared to negotiate on the bond, they'll try to hold on to you for as long as possible. A 5 year bond in Antalya! Ever been in a Turkish prison :ooh: Bon chance.