PDA

View Full Version : FAA on the back of CAA

LondonJ
14th Dec 2005, 09:07
Hi all,

I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere:

1) I want to fly N-reg aircraft in Europe, how can I legally do this i.e. do I get an Faa endorsement on the back of my caa one and how do I go about doing this?

2) Say theoretically I get this done and I plan to do an IR in a year or two, could I go over to the US, do the FAA IR and exercise this priveliege on G-reg aircraft? or is this only applicable to N-reg.

Thanks for your help
J

Flyin'Dutch'
14th Dec 2005, 09:13
Try doing a search on here.

1. You can get an FAA ticket issued on the base of your CAA/JAR one. Details on www.faa.gov

2. FAA IR (whether on standalone or based on license) privileges can only be exercised on an N-reg. The CAA will give you an IMC rating if you have an FAA IR and send the CAA some dosh.

FD

Johnm
14th Dec 2005, 09:29
You'll find the forms for this end at http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=175&pagetype=87&groupid=612

When I did it last year the fee for the CAA was £16, the FAA charge nothing. You'll need to meet up with an FAA inspector in person I met one at Kennedy when going to NY on holiday) to process the temporary certificate and then they'll send you the proper one later. You can fly on the temporary certificate as soon as you have passed a Biennial Flight Review with a suitably qualified FAA instructor/ examiner.