PDA

View Full Version : Where's my SENT ITEMS history gone?

Tartan Giant
13th Dec 2005, 08:54
Hi Guys,

I use OE6 and up until this morning, I always had a huge list of "Sent items" in the SENT ITEMS folder - this morning all I had was three emails - all sent today!

Can anybody tell me where the 'history' of who I'd sent emails to has gone?

I have not to my knowledge deleted the folder contents having been cold sober for quite a time!

Cheers

TG

BIG PS: Having jisy sent the above, I looked in my DRAFT FOLDER and there's NOTHING in it............ aghhhhh. I had about 50 items all in various states to be finished.......... what in hell's going on??

13th Dec 2005, 09:08
I would guess that OE has auto-archived your sent items. You might want to check the archive folders in the folder list.

Tartan Giant
13th Dec 2005, 14:00
Hello 126,7

Many thanks for your reply.

I cannot see any "ARCHIVE" folder under the main headings in OE6............ can you tell me where that might otherwise be hidden please?

For years I have used OE (up through the versions) and have never seen an archive folder sitting below, "LOCAL FOLDERS".

This archive command did not come from me, and I've never seen the entire contents, in fact not one e,ail, disappear and locate itself in this ARCHIVE.

Can you tell me please how to relocate this ARCHIVE folder and fill the "SENT ITEMS" back to full glory.

Cheers

TG

14th Dec 2005, 14:30
Sorry TG, I'm stumped. Dont know where they could've gone to, unless they were accidentally deleted.....

Mornington Crescent
15th Dec 2005, 11:43
Try this.
Whilst highlighting the folder (sent) Select View/Current View
Then show all messages.
That might do the trick. It did for me!

Tartan Giant
15th Dec 2005, 22:44
Hi Mornington Crescent,

Tried it - no luck. The steps to, "Show all messages" led to that point showing the 'dot' beside that choice.

Thanks anyway.

Thank too 126,7

TG

Mornington Crescent
16th Dec 2005, 09:25
TG

Try navigating to this folder. (You will need to set windows to see hidden folders)

C:\Documents and Settings\John\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{61FB18BE-8591-4B92-BFBB-BAC192EA1ACC}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

If the Sent Items file is empty or missing then all is lost.

If you have made a back up recently ? then you could copy the back up file into the folder above to replace the duff file.

If you know all of the above – Please ignore and I’ll return to my hutch

BOAC
16th Dec 2005, 10:26
TG - if you are not in the habit of 'backing-up', it is worth copying that OE folder to another location every now and then just in case. Then you can always 're-import'.