PDA

View Full Version : The Reds in the bar at 'Emmerdale.'

RTR
12th Dec 2005, 08:45
A picture of a Hawk has always been there to see in 'The Woolpack' and lately there is a Typhoon on the same wall. Now I notice there is a team photo of the Reds. Could it be that the 'pub' is a Red local? ;)

I'm not a fan of Emmerdale of course - but the wife is and I just watch! :eek: :D

Champagne Anyone?
12th Dec 2005, 09:13
I doubt it! It's a film set! But nice idea though. :ok:

vecvechookattack
12th Dec 2005, 09:35
There is also an 815 Squadron crest behind the bar. IIRC it has been there for a few years.

bunny1
12th Dec 2005, 18:00
I think I can shed some light on this. Several years ago Emmerdale were holding a charity cricket match somewhere, and an 815 Lynx was there as part of the attraction. We began an association whereby 815 would attend Emmerdale charity matches where possible. They presented us with the plaque, which we duly hung in the Woolpack set.

The Reds have from time to time been associated with Emmerdale charity events, and a couple of years or so ago, came on a private visit to look around the studio set in Leeds. They presented us with their photo, which is now on the wall together with the afore mentioned plaque.

If only they could fly over the village set for us one day.......

SirToppamHat
12th Dec 2005, 18:03
If only they could fly over the village set for us one day

Isn't the set NOTAM'd as an avoid for filming? Or is that just the one at Goathland?

STH

The Helpful Stacker
12th Dec 2005, 20:59
'The Woolpack' also used to have a Tactical Supply Wing crest on display in the bar, sent in by an avid Emmerdale fan ex-wing mong.

I spent some time at Ballykelly in the old battery shed being subjected to the 'joys' of Emmerdale nightly, praying for something to come in for a top-up (even a screaming chicken leg) just to get outside for a bit.;)

bunny1
12th Dec 2005, 21:30
STH

The village set is actually inside the LBA zone, and we often have light aircraft overhead, holding to allow commercial traffic to arrive or depart.

Goathland is Heartbeat country, and I understand they sometimes request a Notam to assist with filming. Being a period programme, they suffer more from modern aircraft noise.

aytoo
12th Dec 2005, 21:35
Rita's till in Coronation Street had a dayglo 'Fred Frog' from 652 (The Chosen Few) Sqn stuck on it for a number of years, though last time I looked it had gone...

LuckyBreak
14th Dec 2005, 10:56
The emmerdale crew and actors (!) visit the Reds Scampton every year as part of a charity drive they do. Notice how the print is always current.....

CDH
20th Dec 2005, 12:02
Bunny1
Aare you the source of the old "Emmerdale" scripts in the scrap paper tray at EGCJ?
or have I just dropped some1 else in the proverbial ....;)

bunny1
20th Dec 2005, 20:32
CDH

Despite being a long serving member of Sherburn, I'm afraid I'm not responsible for the scripts. I might know a man who is though........

Champagne Anyone?
20th Dec 2005, 22:54
That wouldn't be Terry S then would it?? Didn't think he had a talking part!!

Roland Pulfrew
21st Dec 2005, 06:03
bunny1

Check your PMs.

BEagle
21st Dec 2005, 08:05
Why - fancy playing the part of Butch Dingle returning from the grave do you, Roly? :p

Of course there might be the possibility of a close encounter with Patsy Kensit to consider...:E

FJJP
24th Dec 2005, 14:56
A 360 Sqn plaque hung behind the bar of the Queen Vic in Eastenders for a long time - is it still there?

Megaton
24th Dec 2005, 18:58
BEagle,

I think you're showing a fraction too much knowledge regarding Emmerdale Street!