PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Tiscali email

AerBabe
10th Dec 2005, 10:49
My parents are using Tiscali through a pay-as-you-go dial-up modem and are having a problem with email.

In late November they received an email with several large attachments and got a warning message saying 'Mailbox Full'. They saved the message and deleted the big files from their inbox.

A week later, I tried to email them, but it was bounced back as undeliverable. This is still happening.

Just before I emailed, and after the large files blocked their inbox, my dad accessed the email and unticked the 'Save Password' option on the connection box. The next day, they got a 'password invalid' message.

My parents phoned the Tiscali helpdesk and their email address and home address were checked and rechecked. After some umming and ahhing, they were told the technical department were advising a lot of people are having this problem and it's a problem their end. They weren't given a timescale for a fix, although Tiscali were 'working hard to solve it'. A week later and my parents still can't log on.

They've checked the Tiscali website and seen nothing to suggest there's a problem. They've also emailed through the website and asked for help, but had no response so far.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I did suspect they'd got the password wrong, or had Caps Lock on... but they insist not.

BTW, is it Tiss-car-lee or Tiss-ca-lee?!

timmcat
10th Dec 2005, 12:34
Aerbabe - I'm a fellow 'Tiscally' punter (on broadband) and they do have their issues on occasion.

Get your mum and dad to post in this (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4) forum. The dial up one is getting pretty quiet now but I've always had good service from their tech guys in the broadband forum when I've had a problem.

AerBabe
11th Dec 2005, 15:32
It seems my parents weren't entirely clear ... It's not just their email, they can't log onto the net at all. It's been suggested that their emails, although deleted from the inbox, are still in the server. They're going to log on at the library and see if that helps.

Timmcat - Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure my parents are ready for online forums though. I'll do it for them if they get desperate!

AerBabe
14th Dec 2005, 17:05
In case anyone's interested ... the AerSeniors logged onto their email from the local library, cleared out the not-properly-deleted-emails, and are now back online. :ok: