PDA

View Full Version : Good restaurants around HK airport

Speed Weasel
9th Dec 2005, 09:14
Any suggestions for good places to eat around HK airport or Tung Chung.

Thanks

S.W.

Ka-life
9th Dec 2005, 09:38
At the airport: Grappas and Herfood Beef steakhouse
Regal makes a nice lunch buffet
At Tung chung; Take a taxi to Tung Chung fort they have two small places, an Indian called Curry corner and a Thai place called Melody.

petitfromage
9th Dec 2005, 10:15
Melody Thai is excellent...if you can track down their phone number, they'll happily come and pick you up for free (from Cathay or the airport area)

fire wall
9th Dec 2005, 10:23
melody telephone # is 2988129

Australia2
9th Dec 2005, 16:56
The indian is great !!

Oz2

spannersatcx
9th Dec 2005, 18:39
The Chineese/Thai in the shopping mall at Tung Chung is pretty good and you get a 10% discount Mon-Fri and $45 for a jug of beer, hic!

Have to say I was disappointed with the curry corner, they will pick up, 98397304, or 21091927.:yuk:

KABogey
10th Dec 2005, 10:28
Having visited ALL of the restaurants mentioned above; I reckon that they are all nothing short of cr@p!!!

Melody will fetch you because they are always empty,
The Grappas Steakhouse is a rip-off and the food is TASTELESS,
The Curry Corner is a filthy dive,
I haven't met Aus2's Indian, but I guess if he says SHE's great...

dartman
9th Jan 2006, 04:18
...how about the sandwich bar at the top of the stairs. Not like going out for a pint, but a nice change from a steady diet of 'Lion Rock Burgers'.

d.

ps the old curry corner was great by the pier. Too bad they moved!

vicleecy
10th Jan 2006, 05:40
The indian curry is back in the Tung CHung Pier...but the shop now is smaller....taste still good...worth a try.

By the way, anyone read the recent Flight International about the new BEKOL DEP/ARR routes as bidded by local airlines to cut the time and cost and the bloody damn long STAR from SIERA into VHHH.

Captain Greaser
10th Jan 2006, 10:21
Try The Galleria on the far side of Lantau. Great steak bbq'd in front of you.Any of the KA or Cathay guys will tell you the exact address.

Bert Stiles
12th Jan 2006, 19:28
Or while you're on the other side of the hill The Stoop used to be OK.

Dan Winterland
13th Jan 2006, 00:05
The Gallery (phone 2980 2582) is on Tong Fuk on South Lantau and highly recommended. You need a blue taxi (Lantau cab which are the only ones allowed to use the cross Island road. You need to book at weekends - it's popular.

Also, the Stoep (call 2980 2699) which is also on South Lantau is very good, great braais (South African Barbeque). Again you need a blue taxi.

You can travel a bit further round the coast to Mui Wo and try the restaurants there. There are some street seafood places, the Silvermine Bay Hotel, a bar (name escapres me) run by an Aussie at the far end of the beach but is only open at weekends and public holidays, and the China Bear bar near the ferry pier which does great pub food as well as serving a great pint of Murphys. Again, a blue cab or the A35 bus from the airport or another A bus (can't remeber the number but it's green!) from Tung Chung.

For something different, take the bus from tung Chung uo to the Po Lin monastry where the big Bhudda is. The monks run a resaturant/cafe - vegetarian naturally!

Lantau taxis call 2984 1328 or 2984 1368.