PDA

View Full Version : Rough costings please?

powdermonkey
9th Dec 2005, 06:11
Hi folks,
I'm being a bit lazy here and just want to know if anyone can remember off hand, what was an approxinate cost, (and I do mean approx. as I know prices change and hours of completion are down to the individual), of flying to states, housing and basic food expenses, paperwork etc, hiring a 152 for 50hrs including instructor for first few hours, night rating and ME rating.
If I stay in Ireland, hour build will be approx 6500Eur, 10hrs in the twin 4000Euro and night rating inc. trip to regional airport and overnight stay approx 500Eur( bit of a guess). So in total about 11000Euro. I will do my CPL, multiIR in Ireland as well as MCC. I need to get it done in May, after my last ATPLs.

Has anyone done this stateside recently and could you give me a rough total so I may compare ( inc. exchange rate ) and also about how long did it take you? Can I do it in 3weeks?

Thanks for any info.......was thinking of Debenair in Florida?
Cheers
Powdermonkey

Spongey Brakes
9th Dec 2005, 13:33
Flight Heathrow dct Phoenix £364 return
C172 $75 per hour, Pa28s for same price and C150s for $55-$60 per hour. I suppose you could add $20-$35 per hour for an instructor. Accomodation depends entirely on how much you want to treat yourself. Plenty of cheap fast food (BK Whopper $1 !!). You can eat out very well every night for $10-$20. Food from Walmart very cheap (eg. 2x 12" pizzas for $4).

flighttime2.0
9th Dec 2005, 15:10
I never really broke down the costs of training from when I started out in the states till finishing up my mulit IR in Ireland.

But beware never listen to what any school in Florida tell you, if they give you a price for what your looking for to be say for example $10,000 well then expect it to cost $125,000.

Sans Anoraque
9th Dec 2005, 15:24
say for example $10,000 well then expect it to cost $125,000 You really did have a bad experience didn't you flightime?

powdermonkey
9th Dec 2005, 15:39
Paragon
Thank you for that, very usefull!! Always thought honesty was the best policy, but hey, maybe you are right! At least you're not so lazy that you would pass up the chance to make a smart comment!!
The real reason for asking was that apart from getting prices from a school, working out airfares etc, you can never be completely prepared for the entire cost, HENCE WHY I ASKED THE PEOPLE WHO HAD DONE IT AND HOW MUCH IT ENDED COSTING THEM!...........like Flightime2.0 and Spongey Brakes for example, thanks to you both.:ok: