PDA

View Full Version : AIPA(?) question marks?

LTBC
9th Dec 2005, 01:32
One of our fellow pilots is having a few issues with grammar. Considering that he both represents us to the media and to management, perhaps some guidelines should be provided so that official statements don't come across as insecure 'drivel'. Point 4 is particularly relevant.

1. Most simply, use the question mark after a direct question, as in, "Will AIPA be directly involved in the crewing of Jetstar International?"

2. Use a period rather than a question mark after an indirect question, such as, "Borghetti asked whether we would like to be involved."

3. Opt for a period rather than a question mark for a courteous command that's disguised as a question. For example, "Will you please not disregard the rules."

4. Do not use a question mark to indicate your doubt about a choice of word, or to indicate that you are dubious about a particular statement.

How is everyone feeling about the sweeping 'reforms' so many were hoodwinked into voting for? I feel as secure as his statements sound.

blueloo
9th Dec 2005, 01:38
Reforms or no reforms. Whilst the new AIPA, appears to be struggling on promises, bear in mind that anything is better than the rubbish we had before. Also, the new AIPA, were handed a hospital pass from the outgoing Comm, and the petty remarks on Qrewroom from these outgoing comm members is probably a good indication of why they have been given an ousting. Remember: The Sun Shines Every Day.

:}

Hopefully, the new Comm will perform, and I think the membership will give them a chance, despite the outgoing comms childish attempts to smear them. If they dont perfom, quite simply, like the last comm, they will be voted off the island.

I do agree that some of the comm members grammar could improve, but then again, so could mine.

altocu
9th Dec 2005, 01:41
No comment about the reforms, but the question marks are really starting to annoy me? Was thinking perhaps it was related to a faulty keyboard? I think this is what you mean?

Altocu? :confused:

:}