PDA

View Full Version : Print Head Adjustment

Tosh McCaber
7th Dec 2005, 18:21
I am writing about my trusty HP DeskJet 1120c (A3 inkjet printer). It has worked well under Win2K for many years.

Last week, I upgraded to WinXP, and downloaded the XP version of the driver from the HP website. To my surprise, it has a completely different printing procedure interface, which does not particularly bother me.

However, it appears to lack an essential features of the old Win2K driver, which had a print adjustment "Toolbox". The new XP software does not appear to have any method of adjusting the print cartridge heads. I have tried using the 2K version of the driver, which I also downloaded, which worked for a short while- unfortunately, I could not acces the Toolbox, for head adjustment software. It then caused a crash, so I uninstalled it. It won't reload.

The essential thing is- how do I adjust the print heads, the next time I chsange cartridges?

I've emailed HP for advice- no response!!

Can anyone please help? Or do I create another piece of junk for the environment. (If I do, I wont't be purchasing another HP printer!)

Conan the Librarian
7th Dec 2005, 18:31
I would be happy to download the Win 2K drivers for use with XP. They should work with no problem. Certainly works for many other printers, whose XP/Win2k drivers are one and the same.

Conan

PS Are you sure that XP swallowed the drivers properly? It sounds as though you are running on the minimalist inbuilt XP driver. Try reinstalling them, before going for the Win 2K drivers and let us now how you go on.

Tosh McCaber
8th Dec 2005, 07:56
The 2K version is the one I'm familiar with. Unfortunately, having downloaded both the versions, one at a time, and simultaneouly, I get a message that the registry settings cannot be altered- I've even had the help of a Microsoft engineer to clear all HP settings from the registery, still no good.

The WinXP download is called Image Zone Express, which is not only a driver, but an all singing , all dancing image editing suite, - but- no toolbox!

I can download this no bother, but not the Win 2K version.

P.Pilcher
8th Dec 2005, 16:26
Just a tiny thought, Tosh. Have you tried removing and replacing one of your print cartridges? (Just remove it and put it back in again). This might trigger the re-alignment software if it does exist in the driver (which it should).

P.P.