PDA

View Full Version : someone who knows about licencing

hixton
7th Dec 2005, 16:34
can someone tell me if I need to do an MCC course although already having experience flying the A320 on an FAA licence?
Also what sort of conversions will I have to do to get the JAR licence, having already the 14 exams?

Thanks!

EGBKFLYER
7th Dec 2005, 16:40
For the conversion question, try the CAA's LASORS publication:

It may also answer the MCC question - if not, either someone on PPRuNe will know the answer or else try calling someone like BCFT in Bournemouth, who run MCC courses and will have the JAR requirements to hand. You could try interrogating JAR FCL yourself through the JAA website. If you do - good luck!

For a link to LASORS, try one of the other recent threads on this forum.

KrazyKraut
8th Dec 2005, 00:11
Hello Hixton

1) Whether you need an MCC course depends on the requirements of the airline you're applying to.

2) Unless you have at least 3,000 hours and 1,500 hours PIC time on the A320 , you'll have to undertake conversion training and pass the CPL and the IR skill tests.

If you do have those hours, you can apply to the CAA for an assessment of your FAA licence, logbook etc. and see if you are exempt. You can download form SRG/1103 from the CAA website (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1103.PDF).

Note that this would restrict your JAA ATPL to UK-Registered aircraft - and therefore UK airlines - only. If you want to fly in another European country, you would have to contact the relevant authority there (LBA/DGAC/IAA etc.)

Good luck,

KK

Dotun
8th Dec 2005, 08:05
Hello,

KrazyKraut, thats not entirely correct. Since you have a type rating on your FAA license (I believe you also have an ATP, P1 and over 500hrs on the A320), then all you have to do is take 14 exams (no approved training is required), and a skills test on the machine you are rated on. You do not even have to do an approved course on the A320 before the skills, just that a CAA observer will be present when you take the test.

With regards to the MCC, this is not required once you have over 500 hours on a multi-crew aeroplane. If you have 3,000 hours and 1,500 hours PIC time on the A320, then you only have to take two exams (air law and human performance). You will then be required to take a skills test that will be observed by someone from the CAA.

Regards
DMan