PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair training delays

Boomerang
6th Dec 2005, 13:12
Just wondering if someone can confirm that there are extensive delays between the completion of the Type rating and the commencement of employment?

Elsewhere I have read that the wait is up to 4 months?!? From what moment are new pilots paid?

I do intend to ask during the interview if I can't get a straight answer now, but getting an answer now may same me several hundred euros in airfares, accommodation, and sim/grading fees.

Thanks in advance!

moocow456
7th Dec 2005, 00:52
Yep there is. Id say about 4-5 months wait as you may have gathered from the other posts re the same. There are about 120 FO's plus any captains that are still waiting. Its an obvious mess up somewhere along the line as it's in nobodys interest not to be flying.

Now that deliverys have resumed and when the dublin pilots are trained up on the 800 it should alleviate the problem. As regards pay for cadets the only thing ive seen in black and white is you'll be paid from base check but that may have changed since but ask on the day.

the short of it is dont quit your day job just yet. if you've can manage it (financially) go do it. If not wait 3,6,12 months 5 years they will still be hiring then! Its bloody hard work but great fun.

Carmoisine
7th Dec 2005, 11:51
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201093

You only get paid after the base check which is the bit you might be waiting 4 months for like me:mad: