PDA

View Full Version : IR Renewal change

MD12
3rd Oct 2005, 11:27
Hi,

Can you please tell me where can I do my ME+IR renewal near Gatwick area? or closest place to do it?

Best regards.

MD

Send Clowns
3rd Oct 2005, 11:39
Is there anyone at Shoreham who can do it? I'm sure there used to be.

portsharbourflyer
3rd Oct 2005, 21:13
Don't know anything about the school but the Redhill group are advertising in the flying magazines as offering multi ir training at Shoreham. Though from Gatwick you can get to Bournemouth in about an 1.5 to 2 hours if you avoid rush hour traffic. There are plenty of options for IR renewal at BOH.

celtflyer
3rd Oct 2005, 21:44
Not near Gatwick, but I used Mann aircrew in West Wales airport near aberport, and I was thouroughly satisfied and deffinately recommend them.

MD12
5th Oct 2005, 17:06
Got a JAA License, can they do it?

Best regards,

MD

buzzc152
6th Oct 2005, 16:10
Hi all

I have a check flight coming up but my multi rating lapsed a few weeks ago. My IR is current however for another 6 weeks. I'm fairly sure that my IR validity won't include multi privilages so therefore I need to renew my multi rating before check ride. Is this correct ? Or can I fly multi until my IR comes up for renewal ?

Buzz

Chinchilla.612
6th Oct 2005, 18:54
From my understanding of the system if your MEP has lapsed then you can not use that rating again until after passing a proficiency check with an examiner. Your IR will still be vaild at the moment but not for MEP.

ATP_Al
6th Oct 2005, 21:21
Your IR is valid on multi engine aeroplanes. It does not entitle you to fly multi engine aeroplanes. Only a MEP rating can do that.

However, your MEP rating only needs to be current if you wish to fly a MEP aeroplane as P1. When you do your IR renewal/revalidation the examiner is P1 so neither your MEP or IR need to be current.

Hope that helps,

Al

VFE
6th Oct 2005, 21:52
And remember you have up to 5 years to renew the IR, MEP and Class One medical. If your Class One lapses you still have Class Two privilages for 5 years.

Just some stuff to bare in mind if the offers aren't exactly flying in at the moment.

VFE.

Will964
7th Oct 2005, 11:24
When you do an IR renewal/revalidation and you pass, aren't you (the student) P1?

VFE
7th Oct 2005, 16:27
Yeah - it's P1.

jimbo jet set
9th Oct 2005, 19:00
try most of the outfits, Civilair, Cabair etc etc at Biggin hill- I'm sure they can assist,

Jimbo

Lee-a-Roady Moor
10th Oct 2005, 12:57
Although your MEP rating may have expired, you may continue to exercise I/R privileges on SE aircraft. The MEIR is a single pilot rating.

However, as previously said, a valid IR does not permit multi engine operations unless your MEP is valid.

Jimmy The Big Greek
13th Oct 2005, 03:10
One question. Do you need a valid multi-engine rating to start a typerating course?

TheFlyingDJ
13th Oct 2005, 11:39
Do you need a valid multi-engine rating to start a typerating course?

Good one.
Would be wise to have one maybe, but technically, a MEP only gives you the right to fly the multi pistons. So you should be able to start a rating with just the MEIR. (Because you probably won't be flying a piston for a type rating anyway).

I'd like to know more about this too. I'll check the FCL when I make some time. It's profcheck time for me this month. :cool:

portsharbourflyer
13th Oct 2005, 19:56
The IR is a Single Pilot Aeroplane rating. When you do a type rating for a multi crew aircraft you will be issued a multi crew IR, as such a you do not need a current SPA ME IR to do a type rating.

Obviously a current SPA IR is requested, purely for the fact that it is an indication that your instrument flying abilities would be to a standard required to stand a chance of passing the type rating.

Craggenmore
13th Oct 2005, 20:00
Lasors states that when renewing your MEIR, you have to re-new the MEP class rating at the same time.

So my question is.......Can you renew your MEIR on its own by using a FNPT 2. I dont want a MEP rating...Its useless for me right now.

Thanks.

Craggs

EGBKFLYER
6th Dec 2005, 07:01
From the instructors forum...

It will no longer be possible to renew an IR in a sim every year - only every other year. That means the added hassle and expense of an aircraft now...

LASORS 2006 confirms the situation:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20E.pdf

Thanks very much - off to raid the piggy bank again...

Linda Mollison
6th Dec 2005, 13:31
If you have a look at the index of changes on the new LASORS, you will see that the changes are 'following adoption of JAR-FCL 1 Amendment 4'.

The ANO has currently implemented Amendment 3, but not Amendment 4 of JAR FCL-1.

The change to the rules cannot be applied until Amendment 4 is implemented in the ANO, which requires an act of parliament.

So until this happens, you can still renew every time on an FNPT2.

And it will not be retrospective, so that the first renewal AFTER Amendment 4 is implemented can still be done on an FNPT2, even if the last one BEFORE implementation was done on an FNPT2.

Linda

EGBKFLYER
6th Dec 2005, 13:55
Wow! I bow to your impressive deciphering of JAR!

You mention the index of changes in the new LASORS - where is that? I've looked at the online version and I can't find the change notices. It's driving me mad (but too much cos hey, it's only LASORS!...)

Thanks.

Linda Mollison
6th Dec 2005, 14:47
It is in the 'Welcome to LASORS' section, round about page 3 or 4 of the full document

EGBKFLYER
6th Dec 2005, 15:33
Bingo! Thanks very much. I was looking in the html version, which has no 'Welcome' bit, unlike the pdf... You learn something every day eh?

18greens
6th Dec 2005, 19:50
I did it in the plane this year and it cost me less than ever before considering I got the muti renewed at the same time.

Just go for it, its much more real than doing it in a sim and you get to feel great afterwards.