PDA

View Full Version : AirNZ/Atlas cargo???

pakeha-boy
6th Dec 2005, 00:10
Just finshed flying a JKF-LAX flight ,enroute, an hour out of JFK,hear a AirNZ call sign,6972(I believe)manage to get these blokes to come up on a discret freq,only to find out that it is an Atlas Cargo 747 enroute to Honolulu.American crew/plane using AirNZ call sign.

I do realize that this is not an uncommon practice for carriers to contract other companys to do their flying.Just wondered if this is a permanent arrangment or it is of the holiday season nature?.:hmm:

Wanikiba_pilot
6th Dec 2005, 01:16
Gday,

Yeah, a mate of mine is an ATLAS FO on the 744. Apparently Atlas have contracts with both QF and ANZ to run freight ops, under the ACMI agreement (Aircraft,Crew,Maint,Insurance). Patterns originate out of Chicago ORD, LAX, HNL to AKL and SYD, Syd-PER-Joburg, and Syd-Shanghai.

I think it is fairly permanent, as far as airlines go....

WP

pakeha-boy
6th Dec 2005, 02:44
Thanks mate......I interviewed with Cathay about 4 yrs ago for the "vetta" subsiduary cargo side,the blokes I interviewed with were all from Atlas,is this part of the same outfit.???,....got the job offer,but the internal politics from the Cathy boys persuaded me to not consider the position..ie Anchorage Base, "C"scale,scab label etc etc.......make it home to AKL once a month,have never seen an Atlas job on the ramp....to many tinnies I suspect:}