PDA

View Full Version : B757 SSTR Aviation Training Development

portsharbourflyer
5th Dec 2005, 23:06
Aviation Training Development have recently advertised a 757 sstr scheme in Flight International. Does anyone know anything about this company or have experience of undertaking a type rating with this organisation?

Bearing in mind the 757 is now out of production is it still a worth while type rating to do? I am not a supporter of sstr schemes, but when considering the pay cut I would need to take to instruct full time for a year would be more than the price of a type rating it is an option that can't be ignored.

757manipulator
6th Dec 2005, 07:37
Ummm up to you if you want to spend the money....just look at the number of 757 jobs advertised...and its also a dual T/R with the 767...just my thoughts:)

AlternativeProcedure
6th Dec 2005, 09:14
Do they have a website mate?

Localiser Green
6th Dec 2005, 10:17
With the apparent 'glut' of 737 and A320 SSTR rated pilots on the market at the moment, perhaps a 757 rating would be a viable option?

I heard recently there is a relative shortage of 75/76 rated pilots in the UK at the moment.

Does the package include any line training on type? Don't Bond also do a 757 SSTR with 100 hours on Astraeus a/c?

portsharbourflyer
6th Dec 2005, 18:56
Well everyone, not something I intend leaping into straight away.

Anyway the company are charging 17626 for the rating but that price doesn't include the base training. They are not offering line training as the Astraus deal does and are claiming 95% employment rate for the course. Just need some past students to confirm this employment figure.

AP. I'll send you a pm you later.

Capt Holland
7th Dec 2005, 15:31
If you could send me the website address as well i would appreciate it.

Cheers

Dirty Harry 76
8th Dec 2005, 15:40
LG - There is a GLUT of 737 type rated pilots with no line experiance. Once you get 500hrs on type no problem, lots of jobs right now, even FR will come and kiss your A**.

Astraeus, yes i along with my class am one of those 95% sucessful statistics. They told me i was being evaluated for a job Blah..Blah. Be perfectly clear you find your own job no matter what you are told. With no decent amount of line experiance its difficult to get paid employment. Speak to those who have done the course and been left to their own devices.