PDA

View Full Version : Tabbed browsing on Safari - a question

aiglon
5th Dec 2005, 20:55
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the iMac, having used a PC for ever. I've just discovered the joys of tabbed browsing but I can't get it to work properly - well, not the way I want it to :D

I have several bookmarks set up on the Bookmark Bar, many of them grouped in lists - eg "Flying" which then has several related bookmarks under it. If I do <Apple> <click> on a stand alone bookmark, I get that page opened in a new tab. The question is, how do I get a page that is somewhere on a bookmark list to open on a new tab? If I do <Apple> <click> on the top level of a bookmark list (eg "Flying"), I get ALL of the bookmarks within that list opened, each on a separate tab. If I click on the top level bookmark then <Apple> <click> on the page I want, I get that page opened but in the existing tab :confused:

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Aiglon

Trip Switch
5th Dec 2005, 22:23
Aiglon

Under 'File' on your top bar, click 'New Tab'. This will create a tab called 'Untitled'. Then go to your dropdown bookmark folder and click it to open it and then click on the particular site you want tabbed.

Check your settings under 'Preferences - Tabs' as to whether you want to create a new tab each time or just change the tab you looking at. If you want separate tabs for each site, tick the 'Select new tabs as they are created' box.

Enjoy

Trips