PDA

View Full Version : China Instructing Job

CaptainToBe
5th Dec 2005, 15:09
Got an e-mail the other day from Wishworth Aviation in NZ re: instructing jobs in China. 14 month contract, lots of flying, half decent lifestyle. my thought are that it would be a great experience and a chance to get some good hours and meet some good blokes from all over the world. Can anybody tell me firsthand (or even secondhand) if this is a worthwhile option?

JetABro
5th Dec 2005, 20:41
Check out Interviews, jobs & sponsorship pages (maybe page 2 or 3 by now), some English pilots were talking about the conditions and pay in China.
Was talking to a pilot last week about the instructing work over there. About a year ago a lot of pilots went over there on 6 and 12 month contracts. Out of the 20 new planes that were ment to be there only 2 or 3 turned up in the first 6 months, so all the guys on 6 months contracts went home after that time while the 12 month guys had to stay there and share the little work that was going round. Don't know what the situation is now. And maybe someone else can confirm all this for you as that is what was told to me by another person that was told first hand.

As far as living standards go in China, maybe do a search in those pages, I think they were titled "Jobs in China" or "Working in China", there is some great info from a guy called Purple Head who's about to go work there. I have spent some time in China, mainly Beijing, all I would say is maybe go over there and have a look first before signing any contracts. It's a very different place and my understanding of the situation with working as a pilot over there is that you will be working in a grey area of the law, not legal, but not illegal (that's how it was explained to me by a chinese lawyer when I was making enquiries about working there, but then again I don't know the set up for instructors), there are a few expats that work there like this, all it means is that you need to be a bit more carefull. And make sure you are paid in FOREX, it's the only easy way to get your money out of the country.
Feel free to PM me if you would like more details.
Good luck mate. :ok:

avkiwi
12th Dec 2005, 01:31
CaptainToBe
I have a good friend who was in the orginal lot that went over to China and stayed for the whole 12 months. There was no such thing as a 6 month contract many just went home half way through the 12 month contract due conditions.
While conditions have improved, there are still teething problems. I have heard that there are still a number of racial issues as well. If you are considering going to China it is important that you ask Rishworth for the email addresses or Phone numbers of those who are actually still there. Those that have left or those who have heard second hand cannot give you an accurate account of actual conditions.

Chilli Tarts
12th Dec 2005, 02:50
w: You want dumpling?
b: What type of dumpling?
w: pork dumpling, prawn dumpling, vegetable dumpling......
b: arhhhh no thanks

Hugh Jarse
12th Dec 2005, 02:54
w: You want dumpling?
b: What type of dumpling?
w: pork dumpling, prawn dumpling, vegetable dumpling......
b: arhhhh no thanks

b: "This chicken is rubbery"
w: "Ahhhh, thank you velly much"
:E
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/retarded-flights.jpgor
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/water-closet.jpg

CaptainToBe
14th Dec 2005, 20:54
Ahhh, how you like my engrish. How you say?.....www.engrish.com (http://www.engrish.com)