PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand pay/condition cuts?

whiteknuckleairlines
5th Dec 2005, 07:17
Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age but this little gem from the NZ Herald seems to have slipped through quietly the other day.

So, maybe what they are saying is "guys we won't fire you now as long as everyone takes a pay cut and be thankful for it".

"Air NZ opens door for trade-off between pay and jobs

By Adam Bennett

A rejig of pay and conditions that would slash 25 per cent from labour costs would not make long-haul heavy engineering operations more viable than outsourcing the work, Air New Zealand said yesterday.

But the airline said it would consider saving some of the threatened 617 jobs in return for across-the-board concessions from the rest of the business' 2100 workers........"

snail
5th Dec 2005, 23:23
why is it that you never see management having to take a pay cut for the good of the company?
Is this the best those idiots can come up with to show a profit? how about managing the business like you are supposed to (and get paid huge salarys for) and stop flogging a dead horse.

Cloud Cutter
6th Dec 2005, 20:15
I think you'll find Ralph nearly halved his salary and those of other top management when he got on board (anyone back up my hazy memory?)

Snail, what do you think they should be doing to manage the business properly? Did you see the ads for the CEO jobs a while back. I'm sure they would have wanted to hear from you if you're so on to it.