PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Logbooks - Opinions & Suggesstions

bwm85
5th Dec 2005, 04:41
G'Day All,

Looking at purchasing a electronic program to manage flight and duty times as well log flight times at our company. Five staff in total would use the program many of whom work and fly right up to the time and duty limits. So far we have looked at "My Log" by Airborne Software International. Has anyone used this program? Can anyone suggest an alternative?

All comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BWM85

Continental-520
5th Dec 2005, 09:17
There is one by Command Software called "Command Logbook" which is pretty good, though it is a smidgen dear to buy, but I guess you can hit up the tax man for it, perhaps?

www.commandsoftware.com.au

There is also one that someone from Pprune mut together which is Excel based, and said to be good also.

Hope that helps...

Mainframe
5th Dec 2005, 22:31
BWM85

You might consider DFT 8 (Duty and Flight Times Ver 8) available from Champagne PC Services.

This is a tried and proven package, costs less than 300 for <10 pilots, bit more if more than 10.

It is fast becoming the defacto industry standard with both charter operators and some Regionals.

When moving on, a pilot just takes a floppy disk with him, plugs it in at his next job and he's up and running.

As more companys are now using it this is typically how easy it gets.

The latest version has electronic log book support, but this package caters for all sorts of recency (medical, IR etc)
as well as various CAO 48 scenarios, including a FAIDS interface.

CASA also are very comfortable with it and often use it to assist in an audit,
because it can deliver tailored reports for cross checking deck logs and log books.

To some operators, that may not be an advantage.

any way try here

www.champagnepcservices.com.au (http://www.champagnepcservices.com.au)

I have no vested interest in this company, but have used it's products and find they are very good.