PDA

View Full Version : Ruptured Eardrums, Sinuses and Bends

Milt
4th Dec 2005, 21:55
Ruptured Eardrums, Sinuses and Bends

Many of us who know the exhileration of zooming around in our atmospheric domain often push the limits beyond our body's capabilities.

If you have ruptured an eardrum or two, suffered the intense pain of blocked Sinuses or the Bends then you should tell of your suffering and how well you may have recovered from the residual effects. How long does it take for a ruptured eardrum to heal, if at all, and how long were you grounded?

Also high altitude Glare can cause short term central vision blindness with all over diminished focus making the use of a dark vizor or all round dark glasses a must.

Some excellent comments on ear problems have already been covered in a thread - "Perforated Eardrum" but the subjects are worth revisiting.

scanscanscan
5th Dec 2005, 11:59
I had this lot after a night out with a Dan Air (Newcastle)based hostie.

Capt's Little Helper
5th Dec 2005, 19:55
Perforated eardrum, playing rugby, someone mistook my head for the ball. Easy mistake to make!
No pain, just sounded like i'd not cleared my left ears also everytime I tried the Valsalva (sp?) technique, my ear would whistle!
6 weeks off flying, no contact sports, no swimming etc and a course of preventitive anti-biotics, no probs since. (4 years plus)
Was told that larger tears would require surgery.
Hope this helps.