PDA

View Full Version : Cork overshoot

ryan2000
4th Dec 2005, 19:42
Heard that a Ryanair 738 overshot Runway 17 in near perfect conditions on Saturday night. The flight was operating a Dublin Cork sector. Any reason for the overshoot?

Rainboe
4th Dec 2005, 20:59
Are you talking about 'overshot' as in 'ran off the end' or 'overshot' and went around and landed normally? The first would be worth commenting on, the second is not really worthy of comment in my opinion! I find it slightly tasteless that what could be valid or safe aviation decisions by the crew become open for comment/criticism/analysis in a bulletin board when it is really rather a menial point anyway. It's just not interesting, and certainly not worth drawing to the attention of everybody who reads here, even if the rules of the forum allow such irrelevant queries.

Avman
4th Dec 2005, 21:22
Any reason for the overshoot?

Well, obviously "yes" is the answer to that. However, it could be one of so many reasons. This subject has been done to death in these forums. Some (pilot) posters have patiently explained the main reasons an a/c may initiate a GA. I suggest you use the search feature to find these posts.