PDA

View Full Version : Music downloading to CD

261A
4th Dec 2005, 08:56
I have a download program called 'Limewire' and I don't know if it is legal or not but thats not my question.
I have around 50 music files on Limewire and I want to save them to a CD if possible so I can listen to them on CD not just through the Limewire program.

So basicly I want to get files from Limewire to CD I do have a CD rewriter etc.

Farmer 1
4th Dec 2005, 09:03
The simplest (and only) way I know is to find the tracks in Windows Explorer, right click on them, and select "Send to".

You should be given an option for your CD drive. When you select this, you should be given the option to record them as data files or music files. Select the latter.

261A
4th Dec 2005, 09:55
Yeah thats worked cheers.
:ok:

Conan the Librarian
4th Dec 2005, 13:33
99% of Limewire downloads are possibly in that delightful "Grey" area, so be aware that our learned friends are a bit active on this score.

Your CD Burning software, should give the option to make an audio CD. If the master files are in MP3 format or similar, it will convert those files so that they can be heard on an ordinary CD player.

If you run an anti spyware/adware prog, then it might well flag up Limewire (Std Version) as all of the free P2P progs are advert supported. Limewire Pro however, is clear of this.

Conan

Binoculars
4th Dec 2005, 14:25
My newly purchased iMac comes with Limewire included. Does this mean it's legal?

Jet II
4th Dec 2005, 14:53
My newly purchased iMac comes with Limewire included. Does this mean it's legal?

Limewire is legal - downloading copyrighted songs ain't.

But then you can find many other things on Limewire - some even legal;)

Conan the Librarian
4th Dec 2005, 16:02
But then you can find many other things on Limewire - some even legal

If you look really hard....

Conan

Binoculars
4th Dec 2005, 16:18
nudge nudge wink wink...say no more!