PDA

View Full Version : MEL for Pilots

shake rattle n roll
3rd Dec 2005, 21:16
Can anyone tell me why pilots do not have a MEL ( DDPG or CDL) to operate the same as as our aircraft. Surely as we are required to have functional items to conduct a flight, there must have been some thought given to the redundancy of certain systems.
I would like to propose that at the very minimum, we have 1 heart, one eye, 1 lung and 1 kidney...I may be mistaken, however any further suggestions would be welcome.

Professor Plum
4th Dec 2005, 00:25
I always thought it was called a class 1 medical certificate :confused:

whereby, ones body is compared against an "MEL" held by the authorities. If all items are in acceptable order, you get "signed off"

Not sure what happens with regards to "deferred defects" though :uhoh:

Professor Plum
7th Dec 2005, 23:50
Oh well........ that became a REALLY INTERESTING thread didn't it since the mods removed all the humour??? Wel done guys!

Thank god someone else noticed! I thought I was going mad. I could have sworn there were more replies, but when I checked again the following day, they were gone!!

P.S. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to move this thread to JetBlast?

Bad medicine
8th Dec 2005, 00:48
No worries, Jet Blast it is then.

BM

Wing Commander Fowler
8th Dec 2005, 11:55
Ah the mods study rocket science at last!!! Any chance of restoring the offensive postings then now that we reside in the appropriate place??? I mean how could you have thought this was a serious medical question in the first place guys??? One heart, one eye, one bleedin kidney!!! Jeeeeeeeezus!!! :rolleyes:

OOps - here we are still in med and q's after eleven hours!!! Guess this postings for the bin along with all the others!! Hehe!

Professor Plum
9th Dec 2005, 18:00
BM,

Cheers :ok: