PDA

View Full Version : Woomera: Oz jobs?

Pass-A-Frozo
3rd Dec 2005, 12:35
I saw your response to fail passive attempting to place an ad, and one of you lot deleting it.

Is that what happened to the OzJobs we used to have every week?

VH-ABC
3rd Dec 2005, 12:54
You beat me to it Frozo...

I used to enjoy seeing Windy post ozjobs every month or so, as I am sure many others did. Why cant pprune be a forum for job opportunities again? W, if someone has the drum on a job, why cant you let em post it!

Would beat the heck out of the usual, ahem, banter........

Pass-A-Frozo
3rd Dec 2005, 13:19
Yeah. I think the "no advertising" rule should be pushed aside given it's actually contributing to the quality of PPRUNE, and providing great assistance to everyone.

But, I suppose with many people loggin in under Woomera it may depend on who logs on when. Perhaps we have new people logging in under Woomera - who are applying the rules a little stricter.

On another matter, shouldn't posts from Woomera be restricted to Moderator topics. I've noticed a few with people offering general "discussion points" from the name. Shouldn't they be using their regular log in?

PPRuNe Towers
3rd Dec 2005, 13:31
Final testing of our 'blue pages' underway. Cheap and instant classified ads. For information PPruNe is presently costing AUD 10500 per month to run.

Now I've got a very good job and don't mind subsidising the site but I see no reason to subsidise Australian businesses as well - especially as they tend towards to part of the industry that seems a stranger to the award.

Regards
rob

Takan Inchovit
3rd Dec 2005, 19:36
- especially as they tend towards to part of the industry that seems a stranger to the award.

STRUTH ROB! Dont tell me you actually believe some of the stuff said on this forum? :\

Woomera
3rd Dec 2005, 23:42
"Woomeri" are few, all of whom are in constant communication with each other. Moderators have their own forum in which Woomeri discuss Dunnunda forums, with policy provided by Danny and Rob.

It would be seldom, if ever, that Woomeri did not act in total unison.

As Rob mentioned, a forum is about to be launched where, for a small fee, legitimate job adverts can be posted. That way, discussion forums will not be cluttered with numerous adverts.

Woomera

The Voice
4th Dec 2005, 02:08
a commonsense approach ... and a bloody good thing! :D

Pass-A-Frozo
4th Dec 2005, 03:23
Great - sounds good!

PPRuNe Towers
4th Dec 2005, 07:55
I would have been up and running a good while ago if it was simply a forum - takes me less than ten minutes to create one.

Totally new software being written - it's writ. Testing for stability and most importantly security is that wot takes the time.

Rob

Vacant Towers
4th Dec 2005, 08:08
PPRuNe Towers

Dep Chief PPRuNe Pilot
(IC Lavs & Dunnies)

????? A plumber or a *******??????

Looking forward to the 'blue pages'

Not Ivory but a
Vacant Tower;)
& tongue in cheek:ok:

Pass-A-Frozo
4th Dec 2005, 08:55
Need a cheap programmer?? :p :p

Or is that advertising myself :}

PPRuNe Towers
4th Dec 2005, 10:22
VT - I would never insult a skilled plumber. I do the other stuff - another two years and I get a brush so things are looking up.

Many thanks for the offer PaF but the coding is done. If you PM me I'll let you see the CV for our in house volunteer. Canadian Comms Internet HTML pioneer whose reference book is still the standard text for many universities if you feel like playing Google Cluedo.

Keeping the system simple yet secure is where all the effort is going now. As you can imagine all of us here at the towers have to make a living so the site can appear at all so it is a bit of a cat juggling effort.

Regards
Rob

Vacant Towers
4th Dec 2005, 10:33
P-Towers

Plumbers always seem to take home more $'s than everyone else.:{
When do you expect the 'blue pages' up and running?

VT

Buster Hyman
4th Dec 2005, 20:12
"Woomeri" are few, all of whom are in constant communication with each other
Is that some sort of mental telepathy thing...like on Star Trek? Do the Woomerii go around in shimmering robes with huge, bulbous heads?:ooh:

Hi Buster. I sometimes suspect one Woomera may!! :} :}

But no, more mundane and far more expensive telephone calls.

Woomera

OzExpat
5th Dec 2005, 07:51
If they wear the said "shimmering robes", it's probably just a requirement of the job. :D Somebody else might be able to explain the "huge, bulbous heads"... :}

schoolboy
7th Dec 2005, 06:05
:{

I'm with you "Pass-A-Frozo" & "VH-ABC"

I reckon if a pilot takes the time to avail him/her self of all that goes on in this big land of oz, they ought to be able to get an insight into a position that might be available by any means possible.

If a postee on this forum is aware of a job that just might get someone on the way to an enjoyable (and hopefully prosperous!) future in this industry, by all means TELL THE WORLD!

Yeh, I admit I am biased, and I do know of a Grade 1 or 2 instructor/charter pilot position in FNQ, that's on the go, but I CAN'T TELL YOU HERE!

The smarties who are keen and desperate for this sort of position will work out how to get to me to find out. I said FNQ, but not all the way, and I am "well protected". Just might be that he/she will get a heads up before it hits cyber space and or print, and just might cut someone else out before they hit the coloured H2O.

Enough said, but PLEEEEESE bring on the jobs forum ASAP. Give the kids who read this site every chance possible.

Buster Hyman
7th Dec 2005, 06:28
...And if it was "Pay per view", would the enthusiasm wane?

Woomera
7th Dec 2005, 08:06
The "huge, bulbous heads". will probably result from the Bris Bash celebrations.:{
And you have no idea how hard it is to get shimmering robes drycleaned nowadays.:rolleyes:

Mr Woomera

In your case, the "huge, bulbous heads" I can cope with, but somehow the Gay Mardi Gras comes to mind when I think of you in "Shimmering Robes". Dunno why........ :yuk:

You been quiet lately. Did Mummy take away your phone privileges?? :}

(Actually, I think he's on leave...... No wonder it's so quiet!)

Another Woomera

Yeah well, yes but no but yes but, no but, I went deep sea fishing today with my son and had some moderate success with a 13kg Dhuie, beautiful 5kg Queen snapper, sundry trevally and an absolutely gourmet Breaksea Cod, that's when I wasn't sorting others tangles and being bait boy.
We did have to trifle with a 6ft Bronze Whaler, crashing the catch, but he/she is now a sadder but much wiser shark.
Tired but happy I will retire to my couch to rest my body for a luncheon party tomorrow with my Godfather and his best mates my Daddy and Mummy. Mummsy is the one who does the sequins on the shimmering robes and and good at it she is too. Not stuck on but individually sewn. :ok:
I shant bore you with details of the wine list, suffice it to say that all of them have proper spellin on the labels and exquisite manners don't you know, If we are moved towards a cleansing ale, it willl most probably be a very dry pils, Bavarian or Hungarian is yet to be decided.

I do look forward to bringing some class to the Brisbash and I'll have my man lay out my stuubies, thongs and XXXX T shirt for me, God knows I want the locals to feel quite relaxed in my presence.:p

A becoming relaxed Woomera.

Nyuk nyuk,
Sittin' back on a nice extended holiday, not thinkin' too much 'bout planes per se.

Now, where's that nice bottle o' Margaret River red?:}

Woomera, Eastern States

Buster Hyman
7th Dec 2005, 11:23
(PSST! They're at it again! It's like ringside seats at a freakin' multiple personality conference!) http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/scared3.gif

maxgrad
8th Dec 2005, 00:31
"They've come to take us away ah ha......"

OzExpat
8th Dec 2005, 07:58
Geez... I'm almost sorry that I started that "multiple personality conference"!

Almost... :}