PDA

View Full Version : Oi! Where's my spam!!!

Ant
30th Nov 2005, 21:01
Having been plagued with the stuff on my main account for years, I'm utterly bewildered by its recent near disappearance!! Noticed this first about a week ago and have been expecting an avalanche as some possible blockage was cleared... but no! Just 2 or 3 a day as compared to 50 or more a day previously. Thats great, but it leaves me suspicious. Legit mail is getting through as far as I can tell, but what's going on?? I'm with Which.net here in the UK.

Gertrude the Wombat
30th Nov 2005, 21:06
This happened to NTL punters a few months ago. The explanation was that NTL had started junking spam at the server (this was an option, you could turn the spam back on if you really wanted it, but it defaulted to off on the grounds that most grannies didn't want the spam and would never find the switch). Perhaps your ISP has just started doing something similar?

Conan the Librarian
30th Nov 2005, 23:23
A nice thought might be that the urgent email that you send is inadvertantly caught in such a spamtrap. It is all getting more common nowadays, so my advice is to request a receipt from the far end, if you want to be sure.

Conan