PDA

View Full Version : Steve Yeowart - MACC - R.I.P

bagpuss lives
30th Nov 2005, 18:41
I thought it fitting to give a respectful and fond mention to the incredibly sad passing of one of our colleagues at Manchester ACC, Steve Yeowart, who regrettably passed away suddenly last weekend after a long illness that he never stopped fighting.

I know Steve was a very regular PPRuNer and a lover of all things air traffic and aviation related - so it seems somehow right that this is mentioned here.

He'll be missed greatly at Manchester by all who knew him - and my sincere condolences to his wife and two young daughters, as well as to the rest of his family.

Rest in peace mate. I hope you're still pushing tin somewhere up there.....

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th Nov 2005, 19:17
God Bless you Steve. We haven't met - yet.. Sounds like you enjoyed life here so hope the one you're starting now is as good.

My thoughts are with Steve's family.......

halo
1st Dec 2005, 17:50
Very sad news indeed. He was a fine fellow and will be fondly remembered

I first met him at 2376 (Bamber Bridge) Squadron Air Training Corps many many years ago and it was by following his lead that I ended up with a career in ATC. For a while he played guitar (badly!!) in a band that we were in together, and I have some fantastic photos of us both with proper indie haircuts. Those who knew Steve when he was younger will remember that he had a Neds Atomic Dustbin haircut with a gigantic fringe!! It was through Steve that I ended up getting into the early 90s indie scene and also developed a strong passion for goth bands like The Mission and The Sisters Of Mercy and indie bands like The Wonder Stuff. For that, and for career advice and encouragement I will forever be in his debt.

My deepest condolences go out to his wife and children and to his parents.

RIP Steve Yeowart
MACC 29 ALL THE TIME

flower
1st Dec 2005, 20:00
MACC29 was at one time a regular chatter in the PPRuNe Chat room and i had many a friendly chat with him.

How terribly sad for him his family and friends.
As Halo says may he Rest In peace

PPRuNe Radar
1st Dec 2005, 20:48
Deepest sympathies from all at PPRuNe HQ.

A member of the site who will be sorely missed by all his family, friends and colleagues.

RIP mate.

bagpuss lives
4th Dec 2005, 18:41
Thanks for the lovely words here, I'll make sure they get passed on to Steve's family, if they haven't been already of course (I'm sure they will have been actually.)

Steve was buried on Friday for anyone interested, in a very well attended service, as befits a man of Steve's popularity both with friends, and colleagues - as well as with anyone who knew him really.

Thanks once again.

atcomarkingtime
4th Dec 2005, 22:49
How very sad....Steve was on my course and memories of our chats of the long journey north regarding idiots on the motorway stick with me.
Very sad leaving two daughters but hopefully they will grow up and find how well liked their father was. He really was a great chap on course 85.....I'm stunned he's gone.

RIP Steve.....

NospeedRestriction
6th Dec 2005, 19:36
Steve will be sorely missed but never forgotten,

I have been asked by Nichola, Charlotte, Emily, Steve's parents and brother to pass on their thanks for everyone's kind expressions of condolence, thank you.

NsR