PDA

View Full Version : ATPL systems makeover...

Barberspole-5
30th Nov 2005, 15:34
AFT had it pinned with revision questions that were almost word for word copies of the CASA exam.

Of late however, people who are scoring 90 to 100% on revision questions bomb out in the actual exam.

CASAs database has abviously changed any idea where they get the questions from anyone???

Auschick
3rd Dec 2005, 23:25
I feel your pain...check your PMs

Aussie
4th Dec 2005, 07:24
hey Auschick

Im bout to start my ATPL subjects likewise,

can you PM me with any info on the topic?

Aussie

Chimbu chuckles
4th Dec 2005, 08:24
The exams cover areas of required knowledge.

So what if the questions change...the subject remains the same?

Or are you whining because the specific questions you learned to answer rote fashion were not in the exam?

Surely if you understand the subject you can answer whatever questions are asked?

But clearly the 'understanding of topic' was inadequate....studying the subject or the exams?

Enema Bandit's Dad
4th Dec 2005, 08:42
Yeah. Pull your fingers out and LEARN the subject.

morning mungrel
5th Dec 2005, 11:57
Anyone else out there get the feeling that this simply demonstrates the level of understanding that appears to be commonplace amongst many newer pilots these days????

Tinstaafl
5th Dec 2005, 23:12
It doesn't matter what the questions are. If you have the understanding & know the correct technique(s) you should be able to answer any exam question.

jandakotpilot
6th Dec 2005, 04:41
CASA exams have done their first right thing. It gets cheats out of the system. Go and learn it properly!

Barberspole-5
6th Dec 2005, 10:41
So what if the questions change...the subject remains the same?

Engineers are failing this exam, I think it's a little more than just one not having a grip on the knowledge.

"It doesn't matter what the questions are. If you have the understanding & know the correct technique(s) you should be able to answer any exam question."

Can any1 reccomend ATPL systems texts? No doubt AFT is the goer, any other choices??

jandakotpilot
6th Dec 2005, 16:04
Rob Avery's 3 books are pretty detailed.
The reason why CASA changed the system was because too many people were rote learning the exams and not actually learning the stuff! So CASA had to examine a greater depth of knowledge.... so the questions are harder and ''wordier'' than ever before.

If you have any complaints direct them at the people who have learnt the exam by rote, such as the posters early on in this topic. They were leaching off the system and now they dont know their stuff!

Tough Biccies!!!
You guys asked for it!