PDA

View Full Version : Hemswell???

Grob Driver
30th Nov 2005, 12:08
Does anyone know what has happened to the aircraft that were parked up at Hemswell? I went past today and they’ve all gone!… Shame, I’d always dreamed of buying that Percival Provost from them one day!

Cheers
GD

TD&H
1st Dec 2005, 15:39
A Percival Provost and a Navion? Isn't that getting gready?:ok:

Grob Driver
2nd Dec 2005, 07:26
TD... One is reality (hopefully some day!!!!) – The other was just a pipe dream (the Percival… I don’t suppose it was ever going to happen in all honesty! But I like having these dreams!!!!)

But the questions remains unanswered... where have all the aircraft gone?!!!!!!!!

fradu
2nd Dec 2005, 08:21
I'm told the Hunter FGA.9 composite has been broken up.
The cockpit has left Hemswell with the rest of the airframe at a scrapyard in Scunthorpe.
The Piston Provost has also left for storage somewhere.

I'm currently trying to find out what happened to the JP Mk.4 that was there :)

TD&H
2nd Dec 2005, 11:16
GD

I seem to think there's a P Provost for sale, keep seeing it in various aviation newspapers, supposedly airworthy and aerobatic (although the latter may not be allowed by our beloved CAA without all the log books and hence fatigue data). Only about £75K.

Or would you rather have a basket case and spend years and squillions rebuilding it?

Must admit I quite like the Piston Provost myself, more of a gentleman's aerial carriage than the Harvard.

Good luck with your Hunting (sic!)

relight9
6th Dec 2005, 19:03
The only aircraft i know anything in detail about is the Hunter composite.
The cockpit is now at AeroVenture in Doncaster, where several of the type reside already.
I understand the rest of it has been scrapped.

I heard the Jet Provost went to the new aircraft museum in Scotland where several airframes have gone recently, can't recall the exact location at the moment ?

Still trying to trace the rest, will post further details as they come to light.

XS186 CREW

7th Dec 2005, 18:38
The Jet Provost T.4 XP557 from Hemswell went to the Dumfries and Galloway Museum in Scotland. I believe it arrived there in March 2005.

It was definetly there in June this year when I visited.

fradu
8th Dec 2005, 21:08
Many thanks for that info :)

gregers
10th Dec 2005, 22:32
not too sure on this but i believe the wings from the Hunter were supposed to go to Aeroventure too, as the wings on their hunter have serious corrosion problems on the main spar. i will check on this and let you know

all the best.

Greg

XS186 ground crew