PDA

View Full Version : Is this real?

Quincy M.E.
30th Nov 2005, 10:21
Hi

Please dont flame me if you have seen this clip before but it is hard to search for something like this already appearing on the forum!

I got sent this in my email this morning:

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/video01.asp

As a PPL I had a couple of landings like this whilst training but was wondering if this footage could be real? The reason I ask is just that the nose seems to bounce really quickly.

What do you think?

colmac747
30th Nov 2005, 10:26
It's been posted a few times. Think it's something to do with a Dutch Beer company advert..some smart ass will post another link to the vid soon, i'm sure:O

:ok:

GrahamK
30th Nov 2005, 12:20
IIRC it was a Heineken advert. The plane was "supposedly" carrying the Austrian football team for a game against Holland.
At the end, the Dutch Captain wished the Austrian team good luck for the game.
It was shown before a Holland vs Austria World Cup qualifier I believe.
Correcty me if I'm wrong though :)

BOAC
30th Nov 2005, 12:45
Top marks to GrahamK.

Cannot grant that wish (well, I could but prefer to leave you all a BIT of work :D :D), Colmac, but this from 'parapunter' in August:

"One thinks you'll find it was an ad for Heineken, using an rc cleverly done up with cgi. Sorry!"

To help, try

this JB thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173763&highlight=heineken) where our friend Jerricho tells you about it - or this one (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166322&highlight=heineken) and 'hunt the link':ok:

Quincy M.E.
30th Nov 2005, 13:30
guys, that is most useful!

Am I right in thinking that it could happen though?

The SSK
30th Nov 2005, 13:54
I flew a roundtrip a fortnight ago and on both landings the nosewheel came down with an almighty bang, but the nose stayed down, didn't bounce. The second one was bad enough that there were a few audible gasps from the pax.

BOAC
30th Nov 2005, 13:58
Not quite sure what you mean "Am I right in thinking that it could happen though" -

Firstly, nosewheels get thumped down for a variety of reasons. Mishandling of pitch after touchdown, windshear, heavy landing and probably a few more. AFAIR Iberia broke an AB n/w at Bilbao on a training flight. Air Europe broke one in Funchal - 2 for starters.

Now, the 'bounce' - there is a procedure to stop a PIO like that. The frequency of the bounce was too rapid for a real a/c. Smoke from the n/w is occasionally seen on the first touch of the n/w but unless n/w brakes are fitted, not afterwards unless the wheel is going sideways!

The approach 'rock' was also too rapid in oscillation, although there is a real video of a TAP AB into LIsbon which moves around a bit more than usual:D

The PA - yes, that was normal.:D

Quincy M.E.
30th Nov 2005, 14:02
I just meant that I thought the bounce could happen but I too thought the frequency was to high for it to be real (as mentioned in first post).

Cheers

PS what is The PA (or am I being thick? :oh: )

BOAC
30th Nov 2005, 14:17
Public Address - Captain's speech. While we are there, PIO - Pilot Induced Oscillation

GrahamK
30th Nov 2005, 14:37
Public Address - Captain's speech.
Not always the Captain though ;)
A PA can be made by Captain, First Officer or a Flight Attendant ;)

BOAC
30th Nov 2005, 14:52
Of course, Graham, but in this video..............?;)

GrahamK
30th Nov 2005, 15:10
*Takes off stupid hat and stands on it*
:(

ultimatepro63
30th Nov 2005, 15:16
sorry for my stupidity

but its like the a touch and go and the f/o is like no ity isnt / and the captain is oh yes it is and their pulling the side stick back and foward:p

K. Soze
30th Nov 2005, 16:05
The full commercial can be found here:

http://www.crewstart.com/Files/Downloads/Commercials/Heineken.mpg

Takes a little while to download but it show a lot more than the clip in the original post.

BOAC
30th Nov 2005, 16:21
Not to worry, Graham - I had to eat my mouse on another thread!

Ultimate - I think you lost us all there. Try that again?

ultimatepro63
2nd Dec 2005, 20:25
right m8 basically im saying the captain are arguing over the controls

so one is pulling back and the other is pushing forwad on the stick so thats why the aircraft is boucing

(just my imagination ahhh)