PDA

View Full Version : Commercial floatplanes/amphibians

nosefirsteverytime
29th Nov 2005, 18:59
Is there such thing? The only planes I've found while Googling is itty bitty props like the Twin Otter. Anything more substantial out there in service? Or are Beriev still not shifting any of their Be-200s?

treadigraph
30th Nov 2005, 06:55
Are Chalks still going with their Mallards out of Miami? Not much bigger I'll grant you, but commercial none the less!

spagiola
30th Nov 2005, 06:58
Twin Otters are at the high end of seaplanes, these days, size-wise. It usually seats 18-19.

On the airboat side, the Grumman G-73T Turbo Mallards of Chalk's seat 17.

Oshkosh George
30th Nov 2005, 13:59
The Martin Mars on Sproat Lake earn a living,so therefore they are commercial operations. Definately the biggest by far!

seacue
30th Nov 2005, 22:40
Saw a couple of the Mallards in formation making landfall at Hollywood, Florida, in July 2005. That's pretty far north for MIA so I'd suspect OpaLocka or FLL. I don't know how they weathered hurricane Wilma.

saecue

treadigraph
1st Dec 2005, 07:15
Chalks used to have a maintenance op at Fort Lauderdale, but whether they still do I don't know - better do some googling!

Incidently, we had a nice Twin Otter floatplane pass underneath us while heading down the Keys in a C152 several years ago. Don't know whether it was commercial or not.

Telstar
1st Dec 2005, 08:42
Is there not a DC-3 still in service in Italy?