PDA

View Full Version : CPL application

ramshorn
29th Nov 2005, 13:48
Hi
I passed my CPL skills test a couple of months ago and have been wondering if i should send off for my licece to be issued now or do i wait until end of January when i will have completed my IR aswell and get it all issued at the same time.
Will i need my CPL to have been issued to start my IR?
Will it save me any application fees to just send it all off on completion of my IR?
Thanks;)

jimpearce
29th Nov 2005, 14:07
you don't need CPL issued to start the IR and if you do it all at once it seems to be one of those rare occasions you get something for nothing!!!!!!
CPL, MEP and IR all issued for the bargain price of £194
You just need to have met the requirements of CPL issue to qualify for 50hr IR course.

Permafrost_ATPL
29th Nov 2005, 17:37
The CFI at my FTO barked at me that I needed to make sure I filed for my CPL/MEP/IR no later than 6 months after passing the MEP/CPL test (I'm modular). So if it looks like you won't pass your IRT before that deadline, you might want to file the MEP/CPL separately. It'll cost more that way though. I can't find that info in LASORS. But you'd think the CFI would know...

flighttime2.0
29th Nov 2005, 18:51
dont wait for anything when it comes to something important like issue of your cpl ect, get the piece of paper in the post and off to the CAA straight away, thrust me.

flighttime