PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR hour requirements

Enoch
29th Nov 2005, 10:01
I seem to have myself a bit confused over hour requirements for CPL/IR issue.
As far as I can see normal entry requirements for most CPL/IR training is 150hrs TT with 70 of those as PIC.
200 hours TT is required for the issue of the CPL of which 100 hours must be P1.
All CPL/IR training is dual instruction, so where do the extra 30 hours P1 come from, are some of the dual hours counted as supervised PIC?
I appreciate I'm probably missing something obvious, but grateful for an explanation.

Linda Mollison
29th Nov 2005, 10:33
No, all of your CPL and IR training is dual time except your successful skill tests which are P1S.

Although some schools may allow you to start your CPL with only 70 P1 hours, you need to take care because, in order to gain the 5 hours dispensation on the 55 hour IR course (making it a 50 hour course) you need to have "met all the requirements for CPL issue" before you start your IR course.

I would therefore recomend that you have built your P1 hours to around 100 before you start your CPL, as well as the 300nm cross country, 5 night hours etc.

Linda

Enoch
29th Nov 2005, 12:41
Thanks for answering that for me Linda and the advice on when to commence the IR.

Very confusing all this licence issue stuff!!

Linda Mollison
29th Nov 2005, 13:00
Have you tried looking at LASORS on the CAA website. Section D1.2(D) Commercial Pilots Licence gives ou the requirements for CPL licence issue and Section E covers the Instrument Rating.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=175&pagetype=68&groupid=780

Linda

Enoch
29th Nov 2005, 14:38
Yes I should know that really, I have my ATPL's believe so should know what's needed.

I think I was just getting confused as to why training providers give the requirements for a CPL/IR course as just the 70 hours P1, especially when considering most want to go straight on for an MCC.
I was also forgetting that there's a difference in hour requirements for integrated and modular students.

Thanks again for your help, I'll have a proper read up so I understand exactly what's what.