PDA

View Full Version : DHE/OMQ questions

JNo
28th Nov 2005, 08:54
Hey all,

Was wondering whether someone could clear up a number of Q's I have about whether I can get my hands on some cheap housing.

As I understand it I can move into an OMQ officially two weeks before I get hitched to her indoors, but have heard that I can move in "on my own" early.

Also heard (friend of friend) that if there are surplus quarters (which I know there are at my new base) the rules are a little different.

Any info would be gratefully received - can confess to have never paid any attention to anything regarding quarters (never happen to me etc etc etc).

Cheers
JNo

FB11
28th Nov 2005, 09:24
http://www.rafcom.co.uk/posting_relocation/index_posting_relocation.cfm Click on 'Moving information' and then 'marital status'

Do you think you should be getting married if you're having to come on Pprune to find out such basics?

The youth of today.

JNo
28th Nov 2005, 09:52
Thanks for your response -> provides no answers to either of my questions relating to entitlement of quarters. I'm well aware of my marital status!

As for coming to PPrune... If you trawl through all (and I mean all) of the DHE's bumpf available online (as I'm currently posted off station) there is absolutely no mention as to initial entitlements or availablility, prioir to marriage beyond the 14 days mentioned above/or redirection to JSP 464 Tri-Service Accommodation Regulations (TSARs) Chapter 3 which I can't find anywhere online.

Must be going senile in old age.....

OOpsIdiditagain
28th Nov 2005, 10:30
Jno

I seem to remember, years ago, I managed to take over my OMQ 2 weeks before I was married and able to occupy it. I'm pretty sure this hasn't changed so march into DHE full of confidence tell them its a fact and look like you mean business. Chances are they'll let you do it even if the regs have changed.

The Maintainer
28th Nov 2005, 15:30
You're entitled to take over your OFQ (now Families' Quarter, not OMQ any more, as you don't need to be married to occupy) 2 weeks before marriage iaw the JSP - if you're on the Intranet, you should be able to get access through the Defence Intranet Library. You are NOT entitled to move your spouse-to-be into the property until after your marriage, unless you already have a child from the relationship - then you would be entitled to family accommodation and could make the case for your child's other parent to cohabit (I have seen this happen). You can apply, as a singly, to take on a surplus quarter, subject to the agreement of local management (something I've done myself), but you're not allowed to share it with anyone else - particularly someone who's not in the Service!

That's the official line. In practice, you'll probably get away with moving your spouse-to-be into the house for the 2 weeks before the wedding as long as you don't shout about it (again, I've done it myself). I strongly recommend you don't go for a singly quarter and then cohabit - you will probably get found out... ;)

Lafyar Cokov
28th Nov 2005, 19:29
If you preferred your own sex - you could have moved in years ago!!!

Talking Radalt
28th Nov 2005, 22:11
DHE:
Dreadful
Houses
Everywhere.

Points? Questions?