PDA

View Full Version : Farhad Azima in BAH

Hockham Admiral
27th Nov 2005, 14:07
Now hear that Mr Azima has started up in BAH with -8's and a pending A300 deal. As he was the principal shareholder in 'HeavyLift that was' I wonder what next?

VP8
28th Nov 2005, 18:18
Been running the DC8 for a while now Admiral I think Its Heavylift International running out of SHJ but I can be stood corrected....was impounded for a while for doing improper maintenance on it!! :ooh:

VEEPS

justforfun
29th Nov 2005, 10:16
Heavylift International ex SHJ - aircraft based in BAH on ACMI contract to DHL.

JFF

dogzbollox
1st Dec 2005, 09:31
Heavy Lift freight out shj, also part of johnson air, who have been banned in most of europe, desperatly seeking cpts but most have the sense to stay away. azima is banned from owning an airline in the US as he destroys them.

VP8
1st Dec 2005, 11:32
I thought Johnsons had gone belly up already!!

VEEPS

Hockham Admiral
1st Dec 2005, 17:39
:* Dogxbollox, Hi
How do you mean FA "destroys them"?
In the last year at HLA he had one of his US Mafiosa come over to "rescue" HLA. That is a story I could spend a lotta time and paper on- it was pretty desperate in the office while this guy came up with inumerable implausible dreams and had us all running around trying to make them work. Brian Webb certainly earned his pittance then!
We all took a pay cut for a few months but it was to no avail and I remember that the final month's AVC contributions were taken from our salarly but never paid into our funds.
Caveat Emptor or something if you are looking for a job out there!

dogzbollox
2nd Dec 2005, 10:28
hi ya

well his concern is not the people or the airline, hla for him is a hobby i am sure. a couple of airlines he bought and owned in the us he just striped and ran into the ground, for him with ALG its all about the aircraft, so he bought the airlines with no intention of them running but for the AC.
Good luck to any pilot who works for him.

oh sorry and as for Johnsons well they like to keep it quiet but they operate 9G PEL. in the same office as HLA in SHJ w3ith half qualified crew, you want the Low down on the company ask JO at aeroservice.

eggplantwalking
3rd Dec 2005, 16:23
I have several good friends who have flown for Johnsons and all are owed money for services rendered; all have since departed. This has left them with a crewing problem and the reason that the people thay are now getting are the " less experienced drivers". The interesting question is how Johnsons manages to get a valid C of A for their aircraft. Their DC-8s are all subject to the AD on the cargo door, floor and 9G bulkhead. This AD was mandatory as of Feb. 28th of this year and their aircraft are not in compliance. Could it be that they are paying "matabish" to the Ghana CAA to overlook this AD? Perhaps this is one reason the Ghana CAA has lost it's Class 1 rating. One thing is for sure, if the Bahrain CAA is made aware of this, Johnsons will again be on the ground and banned from yet another country.

mtogw
3rd Dec 2005, 18:07
Does anyone have the definitive answer on the DC8 door/floor/barrier work that should have been done??? JFF???

Here's an interesting page mentioning Mr Azima ...
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/CIA/S&L_Scandal_CIA.html

Maurice Chavez
5th Dec 2005, 19:23
I for one flew 9G-PEL a few years back.... Itchy and Scratchy still owne me too... That door still hasn't been done?? How 'bout that gear unsafe light? Is that fixed, or still can't get the right microswitch? Or is the bulb still out, as I removed it since nobody would fix it anyway?

Oh and next time you guys replace us without notice and basically fire us without pay, make sure that at least you have qualified crews to operate. Looked pretty dumb having your new boys calling us asking how to operate the cockpit 2000 and flow control. And don't expect that we leave you all flightplans and user waypoints in the GPS...

JFF, how's the sandpit nowadays? Miss them nights in the Sheraton with Papa T on stage.

dogzbollox
12th Dec 2005, 13:30
some good feed back, (g PEL, has a cracked gear and aileron spar or bracket, the door mod has not been done, as for the other things from the horses mouth,' we will get an extension' the bahrain contract is operated by heavy lift, but as said before, they r one and the same as johnsons.

as for crew well best left said to good luck to the present and future.

Daede1
21st Dec 2005, 16:38
Hi Guys, first post for me ;)

I thought that the Heavylift DC8 in SHJ was ACMI'ed out to Jetset Cargo until last month?
Jetsets gone bust now anyway, left unpaid fuel bills in NBO apparently.

Hockham Admiral
5th Jan 2006, 19:55
:} Have now heard that an old FE accomplice from HLA days is the Ops Director! Mario Rafael is the man...Hi Mario! you were always the Union pedantic pain when you were an FE for HLA. How come you made Management? No problems with all your moans, but how do you deal with all the ones you get now?

HalesAndPace
6th Jan 2006, 18:40
Soooo, it was Mr Bullsheeeeet to blame for the Union then? Probably more to it than that - summat like 85% T&G membership in about 3 months?

"Union recognition - over my dead body!" a certain MD was heard to scream - if only! :E

Still, "we" are still there, the "brothers" are not..... :*

Hockham Admiral
11th Jan 2006, 17:33
Veeps/H&P, Hi:eek:
Heard that they took on an ex-DHL Tech Director to sort out the dwang! (They lost their AOC again recently?)
Apparantly he (Ashley ?) was made to feel unwelcome by the new MD/TD/Human Resource Director/Financial Director/Office Cleaner.....aka......
you guessed it! MR!
Also sadly heard that DHL are pulling out of BAH (surprise?) and two eh HLA pilots willl be out of a job.
Not a lot changes, does it?

Maurice Chavez
12th Jan 2006, 10:39
Hockam,

Are you saying that he (Ashely), the ex tech director for DHL is now with Azima, or did I get that wrong? And what's the reason for DHL pulling out of Bahrain, I'm sure you ment that they're kicking JON/HLA out.....

Farhad's brother, Farzin, is doing most the work for DHX anyway. Heard he, unlike his brother, has an airplane which is in excellent conditionand DHX is quite pleased with them...

mtogw
12th Jan 2006, 12:56
DHL are not pulling out of BAH at this time, however as Maurice states Farhad's aircraft are cr*p to the point of one being refused back into BAH and CofA expiring on the other with a promise that it wasn't being renewed by UAE GCAA, but has since been. On the other hand Farzin with 9G FAB (63) seems to be doing fine for DHL so my sources tell me, when they're not fighting across the partition..

Hockham Admiral
12th Jan 2006, 17:36
:} Maurice and MTOGW, Hi
No, I said that Ashley was working out there, but recently resigned.
My information from a DHL pilot in BAH is that DHL is pulling out; he works for DHL out there.
My only thoughts are that I wouldn't want to get involved with HLA again!

Daede1
12th Jan 2006, 17:48
DHL are pulling out, and probably moving their set up to KWI for the new USPS contract with Kallitta.
I would put money on them keeping that A300 contract with HLA running.

near enuf is good enuf
12th Jan 2006, 19:03
What 300 contract with HLA?
Guys, check your facts. It seems to me you lot know nowt about owt!

Daede1
12th Jan 2006, 19:56
DHL run an A300 into BGW, interchanged with a 757 i think. I believe that that contract was run through HLA.

mtogw
12th Jan 2006, 20:21
Daede
I should change my pprune location from Czech republic to BAH.
A300 is operated by Swiftair, please tell all about the 757 and DHL pulling out, they have a fairly big operation here in support of a contract.

Daede1
13th Jan 2006, 08:44
They won the USPS contract with Kallitta, and Kallitta run to KWI with their 747's.
Kallitta were prime contactor (US Flag etc etc), and DHL are fitting around that bid, which specified using KWI as the in theatre distribution point.
They may just position their flights ex KWI, but to have a KWI and BAH hub doesnt make sense, and they are looking at feasibility of moving the ops.

Problem with KWI is runway opening times, and hard stand space apparently.

bostonpilgrim
13th Jan 2006, 18:12
Then whats that Kallita 747 doing everday parked on the ramp in BAH ???.

justforfun
14th Jan 2006, 06:23
B757 into Iraq? - Since when?.. a B757 has been into Iraq twice in 2 and a half years only! ... A300 is Swiftair and is leaving the BAH operation at the end of Jan for commercial reasons. Where this whole KWI issue came from, I have no idea, suffice to say it is completely incorrect... the USPS contract does NOT stipulate KWI being used as any distribution point, and DHL are not moving their operation to KWI nor has it ever been discussed. Kalitta operate 7 days a week to BAH for USPS and 3 days a week for DHL (Network Flight)... they also operate to KWI - for the time being! ;) The only involvement DHL have with HLA is leasing one of their aircraft on an ACMI basis :ooh: ... sorry guys, but your info is wrong, regardless where it came from...

JFF :ok:

mtogw
14th Jan 2006, 06:52
Daede, seems your info is way off the mark, JFF could be considered as the horses mouth, and as he says, the last time the 757 came out of Bagdad was nearly two years ago, I know, I was on it.

ALLDAYDELI
17th Jan 2006, 10:44
Has ALG got anything to do with 9G-NHA the ex Aer Turas/Cargoplus/FIA DC8-63F? That seems to have dissapearec, did they acquire it?

ringtone
19th Jan 2006, 05:52
Is that Iranian thief still involved?
I am sure if he is the whole thing wont last long!

dionysius
23rd Jan 2006, 08:47
Allday Deli, I think that perticular DC8-63 is the one parked at the cargo ramp at Lagos where it was inpouned just under 2 years ago, and is rotting away.

ALLDAYDELI
23rd Jan 2006, 09:01
rotting away in LOS... sounds about right.
Is that HydroAir B747F still rotting away in LOS as well? I havent heard much about that airframe either in a while.

TinkieWinkie
13th Feb 2006, 17:58
:} Have now heard that an old FE accomplice from HLA days is the Ops Director! Mario Rafael is the man...Hi Mario! you were always the Union pedantic pain when you were an FE for HLA. How come you made Management? No problems with all your moans, but how do you deal with all the ones you get now?
Mario is indeed the new Ops Director, according to the rumours.
I first heard he retired on a big DHL bonus for saving the missile struck A300 in Bagdad that lost all hydraulics.
But apparently he got nothing, why else would he be working for Azima now.
So DHL is still as cheap as ever, a disgrace it is, especially because Mario and the co had to do everything themself with the capt being completely useless during that flight !!
Anyway, do your homework propperly Admiral before moaning yourself about who now is one of the most respected men in aviation.

Hockham Admiral
14th Feb 2006, 14:36
:bored: Tinkie Winkie, Hi
I do my homework properly and I never said nor thought that Mario Rafael was anything but the most professional and knowledgeable FE I ever knew on the A300. If you re-read my quote I asked Mario how he would cope with the moans he will inevitably get as "management"!
Very interested in your quote: "the capt being completely useless during that flight". I haven't heard the complete story but who was the captain?

Engineer
14th Feb 2006, 17:26
Mario and the co had to do everything themself with the capt being completely useless during that flight
To make a statement like that you must have been on the aircraft at the time of the incident so maybe you are the FO or the FE. If not then may be the Capt coming clean or there again it could just be third or fourth hand information:ugh:

TinkieWinkie
15th Feb 2006, 10:00
Nope,

Was not on the flight deck in that flight.

Just have had the luck as a trainer to work with all three of the guys, 2 highly skilled proffessionals, and 1 ....
Not his fault, but never should have been in the left seat at that time.

Also was one of the first to speak to them after their incident.
FO and FE could explain perfectly in detail what happened and how they managed to control the aircraft on engine power only, the capt did not have a clue and told different things every time i saw him afterwards, like how he knew how to fly the aircraft like that because he had been riding a motorcycle all his life ???

Combine all this with the fact that on our company website we can read detailed reports about bird strikes and other minor incidents, but nothing about the Baghdad flight. I heard that both the FO and FE would like to publish the CVR, but the capt does not agree with it, strange isn't it.
In house we know that he is protected by the Ops Director because it is the management after all who send us to Iraq against our will.
The capt and Ops Director are both ex colonial from Africa, those people are known for protecting (kissing) each others butt.

Admiral, i appologize for misinterpretation of your previous comment.

AJNuts
10th Nov 2006, 17:33
To Hockham and Maurice,
The facts are as follows:
Ex Technical Director of DHL Bahrain "Ashley" parted company with DHL in September 2005 and was offered the position of Technical Director with HeavyLift International in Sharjah almost immediately. It is totally incorrect to say that he was made feel unwelcome, in fact quite the opposite occurred. And Mario is indeed Director of Flight Ops, he started the week before Ashley did. The Dubai/Sharjah operation was far removed from what he was trained and experienced in and is now 'sufferring the hardship posting' of living and working in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Vietnam with Pacific Airlines. Since he departed Bahrain the majority of well qualified and experienced B727, B757, A300-B4 and A300-600 engineers have all left for greener pastures, including the Monarch engineers.
I trust this info clears up a few loose ends.