PDA

View Full Version : best DVD recorder between £100- £150

machlimter99
27th Nov 2005, 13:43
Any idea which is the best DVD recorder out there in the £100 ish bracket?? Im after one so I can copy all my VHS videos and put them onto DVD, via a scart lead, from the video. Ideally I want one with a menu so it displays thumbnails of the recorded videos.

Conan the Librarian
27th Nov 2005, 14:09
If you would like to do it for about £50 you could put an analogue TV card into the back of your PC and then connect the video to the input and Shazam! That is, providing that you have a decent sized hard drive and DVD writer on board (not just a CDRW drive)

It also makes editing easier and you can chop out advert breaks and the like, before burning to DVD

(An aside here, but when I had cabinets of video tapes and programmes that I had recorded, I found the adverts to be an odd sort of social commentary of the times. High tech gadgets like the Walkman (TAPE!!!! I kid you not!) and fashions that somebody should die for, etc. etc. I think I ought to get out more....)

Conan

BRL
27th Nov 2005, 14:15
There is one for £89 from a high street shop. Richard E Grant advertises their wares for them!!

I think it is a Bush but if you just want it for copying then it doesn't matter what make it is.

spekesoftly
28th Nov 2005, 18:01
You can pick up a CyberHome DVR 1600 DVD recorder for about £80 from - would you believe ......... ASDA!
It's quite a smart looking and very compact piece of kit. Two rear Scart sockets, and one cable included.
The menu is a doddle to navigate, and each recording shows a thumbnail and a default title. You can subsequently edit the titles to suit - ideal for archiving.