PDA

View Full Version : FPL acceptance by CFMU

Skytrucker
25th Nov 2005, 20:04
Recently I have been presented with FPLs that are as much use as a chocolate tea pot save that the departure point and arrival airfield were the intended ones.

Errors abound including:

a SID direct into CAS and a first reporting point 272nm away in someone elses FIR (funnily enough we didn't get to do that)

a routing along U## in the lower levels

routings which increase the flying time by 1/3 (even ATC queried that with "Where are you actually going to?")

Does the system not filter cr*p like this out and reject it. In the event of RT failure I'm sure that I'd struggle to do something half reasonable.:confused:

DFC
25th Nov 2005, 21:23
Did you see the "ACK" message as well as the flight plan.

From my experience, you may be given the "flight plan" that ops have sublitted to the system. What ops may not tell you is that they received a REJ or MAN message and subsequently changed the flight plan to a more reasonable one in order to obtain an ACK.

There could also be an ops guy that with the old avoid slots tunnel vision, puts you at low levels or on massive de-tours and makes no allowance for the extra time and or fuel that it is going to cost!

However, what you can do is visit the CFMU website and put your dodgy plan into the structured editor and see what the system says.

Regards,

DFC

yakkity yak
27th Nov 2005, 13:02
In the ME the flight plan majority of the time does not actually resemble the actual intentions of the pilot, funny about that hey!