PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen / Atlantic Flight Training - Manuals

DTTogaLI
25th Nov 2005, 13:08
Hi

I would like to know if anyone have heard about this manuals. Are they good for studying some of the subjects?

I heard that they were kinda light... but for instance, Oxfordīs Air Law manual is to deep and boring, and students who are using jeppesenīs usualy have good results in this exams.

For General Navigation itīs clearly to light, but for otherīs like met, airframes, mass n balance.. is it enough?

Tnx.

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/images/prod/prop_1_4903.jpg

Blackpoolwarrior
25th Nov 2005, 16:45
I would not use Jeppesen's manuals at all but go for Oxford's- exclusively published by Transair and as they say in the front - that they are 'prepared' by Oxford Aviation Training and that means when i go to Oxford I am guaranteed to use the books that were actually written by the blokes who teach there- that is a great comfort to me and influenced my decision to go there - the covers look great too!!!

:suspect:

Farrell
25th Nov 2005, 16:50
If memory serves me rightly, did Oxford not have a hand in those Jeppesen manuals at one point??

DTTogaLI
25th Nov 2005, 22:29
yes, oxford used to make manuals with jeppesen. When they stopped, dont know why.. oxford moved to Transair and Jeppensen to Atlantic Flight Training..

So between Oxford-Jeppensen (old) and Oxford Transair (the new ones). Any difference?