PDA

View Full Version : DVD Recorder With Hard Disc

Gouabafla
24th Nov 2005, 20:57
Hi, if this is the wrong forum please feel free to move the thread - I just didn't know where to post this query.

I'm looking for a good DVD recorder with a hard disc. Want to use it in the UK but I need to be able to watch DVDs from other places in the world. So I'm looking for a region free model.

Has anyone any experience of these things and could they give me good advice? There is plenty of contradictory advice elsewhere, but I trust prooners more than others!

Thanks

Busta
24th Nov 2005, 21:15
Look at Panasonic DMR-EH80VEB, multi region,DVD,VHS with 200gb hard drive + sd slot and firewire.
Expensive but good.

Nothing matters very much, most things don't matter at all.

ORAC
25th Nov 2005, 06:44
I bought the Sony RDR-HX1000 multi-region. Bit expensive though. :O

newswatcher
25th Nov 2005, 08:47
Gouabafla, I also bought a Panasonic apologies, no model number with me. It has HDD, DVD and DVD-RAM capability. However, word of warning. If you regularly intend recording for someone else, make sure that you know what format their DVD player can cope with!

See if the latest copy of What Hi-Fi has an article on DVD recorders, and possibly their "awards" for the year, which should give you a steer.

Gouabafla
29th Nov 2005, 19:16
Thanks guys. I ended up buying a Panasonic. The installation was a dream and so far (after three hours) I've found working the menus easy enough.