PDA

View Full Version : Where to do an MCC?

ramshorn
24th Nov 2005, 13:33
Hi
Can anybody give me any recommendations of good quality/value outfits that i can do my MCC.I live in Bristol but am aware that i will need to travel for this.
How long are waiting lists for these courses generally?
I'm hoping to start after my IR conversion in Feb, so do i need to start reserving my place now??

Thanks;)

EGBKFLYER
24th Nov 2005, 14:08
If you do a search, you'll find lots on this subject...

I'm sure this thread will start the boring argument about whether to do a 'cheap' course in a fixed base sim or a more expensive one in a full motion sim. Since I have no interest in kicking that one off (again), I shall limit myself to saying that I did my MCC with Tony Davis at BCFT in Bournemouth on the Tristar and it was great fun and a really well run course.

Best of luck for which ever one you choose.

Frank Furillo
24th Nov 2005, 14:16
Just to second EGBKFLYER

Just finished my MCC at BCFT with Dave Shortis and Tony. Loved every minute of it. Price was fairly reasonable i felt for what you got.
FF

finals24
24th Nov 2005, 19:50
Jetlinx on a A320 sim at Cranebank. Expensive, but fantastic course. Excellent instruction and 20hours on the BA sim.

You pay your money and take your choice.

Blackpoolwarrior
24th Nov 2005, 21:24
I fancied Jetlinx Finals and was gonna have a look next month- I know it costs a lot, but was it a good experience?

no sponsor
25th Nov 2005, 08:25
Jetlinx was an outstanding experience for me personally. The course was more useful than the CPL, and you really do learn the value of cooperation, SOPs and problem resolution & management in the cockpit. The instruction was probably the best I have experienced in my short flying training career.

There is a waiting list, as they are all full time pilots, so its best to get your name down as soon as possible.

A320rider
25th Nov 2005, 09:47
do an MCC on a b737 or A320 is fun, but will not make you "special".

I would go for b767/A320 or even 747/777/a340 for a few more $ ... the only time in your life you will fly a "real" plane!

:(