PDA

View Full Version : PAT Elite Programme

Nigel B
22nd Nov 2005, 16:26
Hi everyone,

Has anyone used Professional Air Training in Bournemouth to go from zero to f-ATPL level?

I've seen some good things said on here about PAT in general, but wondered if anyone has completed their Elite Programme?

Does anyone know how much it costs (roughly)? I have filled out their enquiry form via their website, but have not had a reply yet unfortunately....

I have been planning my training for the past year, and had decided on going to Naples to do their Career Pilot programme, but with their prices going up, and the exchange rate going the wrong way for me, its made the difference in price going over there or doing it here that much smaller that im now looking at options over here in the UK!.

So any thoughts on PAT and their Elite Programme very much welcomed!

Thanks in advance!! :D

no sponsor
22nd Nov 2005, 16:43
Just be aware that PAT recentlylost their CFI, and two of their other instructors, out of their team of four instructors. The instruction was excellent when I was there. With a few improvements to management personnel, it would have been first-class.

Their owner has returned to take up the CFI position, which he previously held. I can't comment on the quality of their instruction now, but it would be wise to visit, and have a look yourself to judge.

I would just go to one of the recommended ground schools and do my training separate to PAT. PAT really is only a flight school for CPL and IR.

RichT
23rd Nov 2005, 08:05
5 years ago I did my flight training with PAT and the ground school with Bristol Ground school. A perfect combination I think. I am now a captain with europes biggest airline so it must have worked. Good luck with the training.

Robthestudent
23rd Nov 2005, 08:38
Just as an addon to this post,

I done my training at PAT, got a first time past on my IRT. My training was excellent.
Anthony was the CFI at the time, he conducted my 170, which I felt was harder than the actual test itself. As a result I felt more prepared and a little bit more confident for the test.

No Sponsor I am not sure where you are coming from but every organisation has a turnover in staff, thats life. I am sure that the new instructors at PAT will be more than capable of maintaining the high standards acheived by previous incumbents, if Anthony has anything to do with it.

One thing I do subscribe that you should always visit a FTO before commiting financially.

Rob

ps I hope Bruno hasn't left,

no sponsor
23rd Nov 2005, 18:16
One left to retire. Two others left for other career opportunities. Drew still remains, and of course Anthony, the owner. 2 additional instructors have been taken on.

I am quite sure the standard has not fallen, and that Anthony keeps a very close eye on the quality of instruction.

I had a very good experience with the level of instruction and attention paid to me while I was there. I got what I went for: very personal attention and first time passes.

The IR examiners consistently said that PAT produces the best candidates than any other school they examine, including CTC.

It would be unfair of me to recommend, as my experience doesn't count any longer due to the changes, so it is better for you to visit, and hear it from the horses mouth, i.e. other students currently studying there. Even better if you can arrange to back seat an IR trip to understand and view the level of instruction.

acw350
23rd Nov 2005, 19:02
Having just completed my CPL & MEIR at PAT i can advise anyone who is thinking of completing their training there then they have come to the right place. Yes one guy left just after i started for a good career op, the other one who has been off on ealry retirement has come back and continues to provide excellent instruction. Another instructor who i had for my IR came from oxford and was very good indeed. The CFI is very good and i would agree that the 170 was more demanding but thats what you would expect.

The price is very good for the attention to detail you recieve, the simulator is fantastic and the aircraft are in perfect condition apart from the ones i kept breaking. But they bend over backwards to make sure you get the flying you need when it best suits you.

I would highly recommend PAT to anyone please feel free to msg me for any further questions i would be happy to answer.