PDA

View Full Version : Any prospective IOT Cadets...

OL
22nd Nov 2005, 15:25
Any prospective IOT cadets awaiting to start the new course please PM me for some stuff you might need.

Cheers OL

Michael Edic
22nd Nov 2005, 18:52
Are you able to advertise anti-depressants on PPRuNe?

potatoe1
22nd Nov 2005, 19:05
People often say I have a robotic style of leadership do you have any advice that would help me at FLC??

VigilantPilot
22nd Nov 2005, 21:05
Erm..be less robotic and more natural?!

I'm sure that the DS have told you this, but heres my take on it:

Be natural, enthusiastic and throw yourself into the scenario. If you are going to have any chance at success, then you are going to have to pretend that barrel full of water is a radioactive isotope or whatever. My leadership wasnt the best in the run up to flc - a mixed bag of weak leads. On my first FLC lead, I just thought go for it and I threw myself into it. By the end of the three/four hours I was enjoying it. Consequently the write up was really good and I was quite proud of my efforts that night.
This also works at that end of course exercise - probably even moreso when you are cold, tired and fed up of stand to's.

Enjoy the whole thing as much as you can - keep morale up especially when you feel knackered and are hurting. You are getting paid to be outside in the open air compared to other people sat in offices.

Anyway, I hear its easier these days. In my day, FLC was much more arduous - if you didnt have achilles tendonitis and couldnt walk unaided or without pain killers for six weeks afterwards after UC, then you hadnt tried hard enough. ;)

Roguedent
22nd Nov 2005, 21:31
BE THE GREY MAN:ok:

6foottanker
23rd Nov 2005, 08:28
But not the fat man....

airborne_artist
23rd Nov 2005, 08:43
People often say I have a robotic style of leadership

Make sure you've plenty of WD40 for those wet days!

You'll be fine, the staff are there to get people through, not fail 90% of them.

PPRuNeUser0211
23rd Nov 2005, 16:37
lol.... only 25% then! My IOT we took 120 people to FLC at catterick, recoursed 32 and broke (enough to be put on biff flight, minor injuries aside) about 20.... not bad for 9 days work.... Lost another 30 or so on peacekeeper.... all good fun.

Mind you, they can't have been trying that hard as I made it through unscathed!

Roguedent
23rd Nov 2005, 17:08
If you've got Blond hair and great lady lumps, I am sure that you will get Above Averages in all your leads. If you haven't, then tough luck, or find a good plastic surgeon:ok: