PDA

View Full Version : astraeus at LHR

myrtleman
21st Nov 2005, 21:26
Hi all,

Anyone know what AEU808 was doing landing at LHR around 22:15 tonight (Monday). Thought this was a Nice-Birmingham flight.

Cheers,
James

BOAC
21st Nov 2005, 21:54
You are correct in the planned routing. I do not know why it landed at LHR, but knowing LHR as I do, I assume there was a very good reason for the diversion from plan.

PPRuNe Radar
21st Nov 2005, 22:01
Freezing fog at Brum so that might be the answer.

Gonzo
21st Nov 2005, 22:12
It felt like every man and his dog wanted to come to Heathrow tonight!

myrtleman
21st Nov 2005, 22:22
well gonzo, you're right. There did seem to be a lot of non-scheduled arrivals into LHR tonight.

Going back to the freezing fog suggestion, other flights were landing OK at Birmingham so I wonder why Astraeus was so shy about continuing, if indeed that was the reason.

Another question - what airline goes under the callsign 'neptune'? I'm blowed if I can find it in the usual places!

As ever,
MM:confused:

A300Man-2005
22nd Nov 2005, 08:35
In such a case (diversion into LHR by a charter flight), which terminal is used to process the incoming pax, assuming that baggage delivery and bussing are likely to occur at LHR onwards to BHX?

I would have though LGW more suitable, given that its an AEU base anyway, thus out of positon crew easier to handle.

A300Man

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
22nd Nov 2005, 08:48
The flight was actually Nice - Luton after the Luton visibility went down to Cat 3 only around 20.45.

Neptune is the callsign for Atlantic Airlines following the mangement buy-out. Guess the ATR42 operating Jersey - Guernsey - Luton also went into Heathrow then!

Hamrah
22nd Nov 2005, 09:11
At the time the flight was inbound, the only available airports were Leeds and Heathrow. As a number of airports were approaching capacity with diversions (Leeds in particular), the ATC supervisor recommended Heathrow as it had the best weather.

Within an hour of landing, the weather imporved in a number of airports.

The aircraft is due to leave Heathrow at 12:30.

H

GrahamK
22nd Nov 2005, 09:12
In such a case (diversion into LHR by a charter flight), which terminal is used to process the incoming pax,

I believe the Astraeus diversion used T2 at LHR?

ALLDAYDELI
22nd Nov 2005, 09:33
We had a VLM in LHR last night as well, F50

myrtleman
22nd Nov 2005, 09:36
The Astraeus did use terminal 2, by the way.:\

MM

Air Atlantic, Astraeus, VLM - any more? - any more??

I take it LGW wasn\'t used for weather reasons as well. Heathrow seemed its normal busy self with scheduled arrivals last night so must have been heaving with these extras.

Were they all processed at T2?:*

MM

Gonzo
22nd Nov 2005, 14:15
I think there were three VLMs one or two KLMs, one Luxair, one or two Lufthansas, quite a few NetJets and more than a few PA31s and other light stuff that divved in from Fairoaks and the like.

VLM and KLMs were T4

Fried_Chicken
22nd Nov 2005, 22:16
The flight was actually Nice - Luton after the Luton visibility went down to Cat 3 only around 20.45.

AEU808 was originally LFMN-EGBB then it refiled for EGGW (Luton) due to fog/WIP (forcing runway closures) at Brum

FC