PDA

View Full Version : LBA v MAN today

deanofs
21st Nov 2005, 15:28
Went to LBA to spot for an hour or two and loads of extra guests there, on the radio heard talk about weather at MAN and possible Easy Jets being diverted etc and too many aircraft stacking up etc.... what wa sthe issue over at MAN ?

HOODED
21st Nov 2005, 16:55
You just answered your own question. Weather at MAN/BRUM/LPL and BPL all below Cat 1 limits.

Johnny F@rt Pants
21st Nov 2005, 17:14
Amazingly enough though, after vacating the Runway at MAN earlier, with vis of 200m in freezing fog, there were several spotters out, even in that weather!!!!! They worry me in the best of weather, but on a day like today, they've got to be a sandwich short of a picnic!!

smythy
21st Nov 2005, 18:23
I carn't believe it. I have missed a superb spotters day at LBA. What sort of aircraft were we getting?

This just shows how LBA can accomodate extra traffic, new routes and airlines. I just hope when the apron is extended we get this volume of traffic all of the time!!! :ok:

ManofMan
21st Nov 2005, 19:01
Johny F@rt Pants ,
"They worry me in the best of weather, but on a day like today, they've got to be a sandwich short of a picnic", what a strange comment to make in the Spectators Balcony....god only knows the uproar if a spotter were to pass a $hitty comment about a pilot in the pilots forum.

Rob

GrahamK
21st Nov 2005, 19:58
smythy, I understand LBA got a few BA ERJs/146s, VLM F50s, ooh and a Saudi Arabian Hercules :ok:

BombardierCR7
21st Nov 2005, 20:31
Graham K,

Monarch, Excel, Eastern, Ryanair, BMIBaby and CityAirline all utilised the airfield today on diversion (not to mention those that were turned away)

It doesn't matter how unexiting they all were, it's all money in the till !!

L-Band
22nd Nov 2005, 14:36
Yep, those that were turned away!!!!!!:E :{

airhumberside
23rd Nov 2005, 08:18
Any diversions to or from HUY this week