PDA

View Full Version : UK CPL Irish IR

piperpa38
21st Nov 2005, 15:07
I have a UK JAA PPL I have completed my ATPL with Bristol I know I have to do the CPL in the UK.

The question is can I do the IR/Multi in Ireland or does this have to be done in the UK

Regards

piperpa38

conor_mc
21st Nov 2005, 15:28
The answer to your question is that you can indeed to your Instrument Rating and/or Multi-Engine rating in a country other than the UK, as they are ratings and therefore seperate to the Commercial Pilot Licence. The issue with the ATPL's is that they are an integral part of the commercial licence.

Incidentally, your initial assumption that after doing your ATPL exams with Bristol you therefore need to do your CPL in the UK is no longer correct with regards to doing the flight training in Ireland, as of about two weeks ago.

See this thread.... UK / Ireland Reciprocal Agreement (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197642)

piperpa38
21st Nov 2005, 15:46
Thanks for that conor_mc that answers my question won't have to go back to the UK now :)

conor_mc
22nd Nov 2005, 10:27
Should save you a few bob on B&B's! :ok:

tony friel
22nd Nov 2005, 19:45
where are you thinking on training, im working from donegal and am going to visit a couple of places week after next ( ie waterford and cork ) Was going to uk also but now staying in ireland!

piperpa38
23rd Nov 2005, 15:40
Tony check your pm's