PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATPL to JAA PPL

Jimmy The Big Greek
20th Nov 2005, 00:09
Does anyone know how to convert from an FAA ATPL to JAA PPL license. Do I need to do a checkride or is it just "paper work".

Hour Builder
20th Nov 2005, 10:07
haha you are joking right?

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS2005.PDF

Check out section C1, JAR PPL (A) requirements...i assume you arent talk about a helicopter licence, is you are it is section C2, but conversion requirements are the same.

You need to do a skills test on a SEP/MEP aircraft, you will also need to pass written examinations in Air Law and Human Performance and Limitations.

You'll also have to pass both written and practical exams for the Radio licence to be issued.

Get a JAR class 2 medical.

Pay £149...............apart from that, thats pretty much it.

HB

Jimmy The Big Greek
20th Nov 2005, 16:48
Damn, I can not even get an JAA PPL without paying a lot of cash :(

This is stupid. I mean come on I have 1600 hours is it really necessery to do a skills test.

2Donkeys
20th Nov 2005, 16:55
Your FAA ATP is a "licence rendered valid" under the UK ANO, and as such you have full PPL rights without formality in G-reg aircraft.

The position is unlikely to be this straightforward in Greece, but you should check. Many JAA-Member-Countries will validate non-JAA ICAO licences for a fee.

That may well obviate the need to actually get a JAA PPL issued.

IO540
20th Nov 2005, 18:56
I am fairly reliably informed that Greece validates an FAA PPL/IR (of which an FAA ATPL is obviously a superset) for full NONcommercial IFR privileges in an SX-registered aircraft. There may be a time limit; I don't know. So this is definitely worth checking out.