PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for nothing

AfricanSkies
18th Nov 2005, 10:26
The C-17 question I asked the day before yesterday has been deleted. Thanks for nothing you guys. You are a great help. It wasn't as if there were any bl00dy state secrets I was asking about.:mad:

speeddial
18th Nov 2005, 10:34
It wasn't as if there were any bl00dy state secrets I was asking about.

Do you know this or are you guessing?

airborne_artist
18th Nov 2005, 11:04
Not much point moaning at us - we didn't kill it.

On the other hand, well done to the guy that did - since we don't have a mod. it could have been any one of them.

Anyway, how do you know that anyone on this board had the facts you wanted, even if he/she was prepared/allowed to divulge them?

You could so easily have been a journo/Al Q etc. on a fishing trip. If you need to know, then you'll have channels that will enable you to find out. If not, then tough :{

AfricanSkies
18th Nov 2005, 11:30
Anyway, how do you know that anyone on this board had the facts you wanted, even if he/she was prepared/allowed to divulge them?You could so easily have been a journo/Al Q etc. on a fishing trip. //

I don't know, thats why I was asking. And as I am aware that it may have been sensitive, I asked that whomever was in the know please PM or email me. Then they could have satisfied themselves that I am who I am and not a journo on a fishing trip. Rather than just delete it out of hand.

//If you need to know, then you'll have channels that will enable you to find out. If not, then tough //

As I said, thanks. For nothing.
:rolleyes:

vecvechookattack
18th Nov 2005, 11:31
What was the question?

AfricanSkies
18th Nov 2005, 11:34
I am now hesitant to ask it again, in case for some reason it WAS sensitive and could disadvantage US (note : we're all in this together).

Suffice it to say, I asked if the C17 driver who landed at BGW at about 1400Z on Nov 15th please PM me.

BEagle
18th Nov 2005, 12:21
Ag, ja - of course you'll get an answer with that tone of posting....

juliet
18th Nov 2005, 14:04
africanskies - maybe its just none of your business, maybe it is sensitive. even if you are just interested joe public and not a bad guy it doesnt mean you are entitled to answers. we military types are often relying on sensitive info to keep our lives safe, satisfying peoples curiosity doesnt rate when compared to my pink body im afraid. good on you whoever deleted the post, perhaps this one should follow to make the point.

Regie Mental
18th Nov 2005, 14:49
Don't know the answer to your original query but don't need to be Einstein to conclude that it may have been sensitive.

DEL Mode
18th Nov 2005, 15:18
AfricanSkies

Try the Freedom Of Information Act.

Write to the MoD and ask the question.

When you get a reply post it on here.

When you don’t get a reply then you know it is operationally sensitive.

Pontius Navigator
18th Nov 2005, 16:44
You WILL get a reply. If you expect a name then the Data Protection Act will kick in.

While you will get a reply you will not therefore necessarily get an answer. You can file your question by email or fax and it will still be valid provided you declare your name and address.

If your question might need amplification a telephone number would be useful too.

RileyDove
18th Nov 2005, 20:21
African Skies - I cannot really see a problem with the post. It's was posted well after the event and I guess anyone on the ground sufficiently interested would have seen the C-17.
It's up to the driver if he replies or not .

PPRuNe Pop
18th Nov 2005, 23:04
It seems we can't do anything then. So no point in going around circles..

Goodnight.

PPP