PDA

View Full Version : CAP 696, 697 & 698 now online.

Alex Whittingham
17th Nov 2005, 16:47
The CAPs for Mass & Balance, Performance and Flight Planning are now (officially) available in PDF from the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=list&type=subcat&id=8) .

These CAPs will be replaced fairly soon with newer versions, the CAA say the technical content will be the same but just repoduced to a higher standard with the present errors corrected.

VC10 Rib22
19th Nov 2005, 21:14
Praise the Lord!

I can't believe, with so much riding on CAP work, that somebody with lots of cash to burn hasn't tested the waters with a court case against the CAA for providing such poorly produced manuals. Maybe this may be the reason for the change. Still, better late than never.

gliding777
20th Nov 2005, 15:40
I wonder if they'll bother to replace the copies of the Flight Planning CAP (I can't remember which number but it's the green one) in the exam rooms. Trying to read the graphs when a million people before you have drawn on it and then rubbed it out was quite hard sometimes! And as for the spot-wind charts for Met, well.........