PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS 85th Birthday Bash......anyone get an invite?

blueloo
17th Nov 2005, 06:03
The 85th Birthday Bash was on the other night with all important people like John Travolta, GeoffStar and others.

Now as QANTAS was created by Pilots, (as much as Geoff thinks he created the airline), I would like to know if any Pilots got an invite - I mean day to day Pilots not the management types......?

I havent seen anyone with an invite yet....

Redstone
17th Nov 2005, 23:33
Did anyone from engineering get an invite (appart from management types)????

gaunty
18th Nov 2005, 00:31
Amazing:rolleyes:

Did ANY of the staff in general get an 85th B'day "thingy" and/or have a little celebration on the company??

Or was it like a small business employer (service industry, maybe 20 staff) I know who is taking staff to a Chrissy brunch, but will be docking the "lower orders" pay for the time involved. He is "perplexed and disappointed" that they are politely but firmly, declining the offer of his munificent largesse. He has simply confirmed what they already knew.

I have told him we wont be exchanging Chrissy cards until he gets his head out of his a&se.:rolleyes:

sys 4
18th Nov 2005, 00:45
my horses arse got an invite,we all got $5- per person to spend on what ever we want

Keg
18th Nov 2005, 03:44
One of the blurbs about the bash that I read indicated that about 100 Excel awardees (QF's in house give people a pat on the back award system) were invited. I suspect that there may have been a pilot or two amongst them.

Rank and file line crew though? I suspect not! :(

Sunfish
18th Nov 2005, 03:57
An orgy of self congratulation.

QF's core competence these days seems to be lobbying the Government.

Wouldn't it be easier for the Government just to pay the shareholders the odd billion a year and open the skies to anyone and everyone?

canuck76
19th Nov 2005, 06:00
Un petit sparrow tells me that M’sieur Bruce Byron got ze last minute invite and went to ze birthday bash tout suite.

It was – ‘ow do you say? – a little big surpris for the airports where he was almost spiking about how important ze things of him are. Maybe they are not so important. To him. Still, anyone ‘oo lasts 85 years in aviation must have some good advice for someone ‘oo wants to last 85 weeks.

BHMvictim
22nd Nov 2005, 23:50
No local BHM managers were invited.... QSRM manager was invited... but he turned it down.

The nose and the snake would have made fools of themselves had they been invited.

The nose would have probably rambled on randomly and meaninglessly a "wee bit" too long during conversations, thus boring the crap out of people.

The snake would have got leglessly drunk, fallen over on the cake and hurt his "top four inches".... then he would have come in the next morning still half p!ssed and would have been sent home by the nose.

Anyone hear about the 2 LTI (lost time injuries) at the birthday bash?

One was "hit in the face by a cork whilst opening champaigne" and the other was a near miss of a glass falling off the table (must have been that drunken snake anagin).