PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan Reunion Anyone?

Flatiron
15th Nov 2005, 14:52
The F-4 mates had a reunion bash in The Mall last week. The Bucc force and the Kipper Fleet do likewise from time to time. But I have never heard of a Vulcan gathering in London. There are many great guys/characters who it would be nice to see again after all this time. Would a Vulcan reunion/PU have any mass appeal? If so, I am happy to arrange one in Whitehall or Covent Garden.

Pontius Navigator
15th Nov 2005, 17:20
The second V-Force reunion was held at the Newark Air Museum in May. It was over two days and one night event at the Golf Club. Numbers were high and the hangar and museum area was pretty crowded.

Newark being central to Bomber County was easily accessible to both 1st Div North and 3rd Div South many of whose members live locally.

FJJP
15th Nov 2005, 19:07
I don't normally 'do' reunions, but for the Old Lady I'd make an exception - any where, any time.

FJJP

tgarden
28th Nov 2005, 20:24
A somewhat disappointing response - but count me in.

CBA_caption
28th Nov 2005, 20:42
Can I come? Please! Was about 18 years too late to fly her, but I reckon you chaps will have the best reunion by a long chalk!

CBA

jindabyne
28th Nov 2005, 21:36
Wrong CBA.

See all you ex-bananas again on the 2nd!!!!!!!!!!

foldingwings
6th Dec 2005, 10:14
I regret to inform you, Flatiron old boy, that the Bucc force do not do likewise from time to time

We have, for the last 25 years at least, held the annual Bucc Blitz in London - it is not a reunion in terms conjured up by that word, it is a mighty piss-up! We meet at midday and finish with the last man standing, which this year was jindabyne and my good self at 0200 hrs having got ourselves outside a bottle of 'Morangie. There are no rules other than you pay your money and drink as much or as little as you can or want; curry is provided for those that require it. If you don't hang-in, one beer could cost you your kitty entry fee of £30 !! 125 souls were there this year.

So, not a reunion in reunion terms, but a gathering of like-minded folk, who return year upon year to drink with their mates!

Not bragging, just recovering 4 days later!

Did you die on the train home again this year, Jinda?

jindabyne
6th Dec 2005, 15:19
FW

Regret to tell you that this time I made it back to base without incident. God knows how as yet again I'm unable to recall the cease-drinking time'n place, and when/how I fell into the scratcher.

My weekend was not a good one! Thank you.

brickhistory
6th Dec 2005, 15:56
Since this a Vulcan-related thread and ex-crew likely to be reading, hopefully I can be forgiven for taking a small degree tangent:

Regarding Vulcan crew positions, if the top of this post is the nose, was it like this:

Aircraft captain copilot

AEO Nav plotter Nav radar

If so, where were seats 6 and/or 7?

Thanks,
brickhistory

brickhistory
6th Dec 2005, 16:09
Thanks, Mike!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread........

Flatus Veteranus
6th Dec 2005, 16:30
TGarden

I suspect that many of the old sweats are still recovering from the legendary 1 Group Reunion at Waddo in the '60s.

As a latecomer I missed that fabled event; but I would gladly attend something a bit more staid in the Whitehall area. :)

Tim McLelland
6th Dec 2005, 21:39
I recently started work on what will hopefully be the "definitive" book on the Vulcan when it's published (it'll certainly be the biggest!) so if anyone has photos, anecdotes or whatever, do pleeeze let me know!

C130 Techie
8th Dec 2005, 11:05
Tim

I have several pictures of the last Vulcan major being handed over at St Athan in about 1980. Too big to scan but I may be able to supply a copy.