PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player recommendations please.....

BRL
14th Nov 2005, 15:46
As it says, need an MP3 player got to be more than 1Gig, have FM radio and show video if that is at all possible.

Thanks..... :)

spannersatcx
14th Nov 2005, 17:53
You could try here (http://www.reviewcentre.com/products18.html) for reviews. I'm also on the look out for one, no1 sons xmas request!

BRL
14th Nov 2005, 19:35
Well, this (http://www.alienware.co.uk/GearShop_Pages/Gear_Shop_Detail.aspx?ItemId=12260&CatId=1145) is close but it does not do video. For ones that do that, they cost around a £100 more.

I don't really have time to search around all night but if anyone has an mp3 player then I would like to hear what you think of yours. :)

batninth
14th Nov 2005, 19:42
BRL,

Younger son has Creative Zen Micro - 5GB hard drive, FM radio. When it works, it's brilliant.

However this is his third, first one had one "known flaw", replacement has second known flaw. This third one has dropped it's firmware once already.

So if you're hanging your nose over the Zen Micro - I'd suggest taking other advice before you part with your money.

oldfella
14th Nov 2005, 20:17
For a simple mp3 player look at Rio Carbon, 5 or 6 Gb. Comes with power lead and pouch. Easy software. Much more robust than others that are around and very reliable - excellent bit of kit.

hafez
14th Nov 2005, 22:21
The Iriver PMP is brilliant. They also have one called the U10 that came out recently. Its like 2GB and its very cool. Check out Amazon.co.uk for the latest deals man :ok:

Conan the Librarian
14th Nov 2005, 23:21
I speak from upon my latest high horse, but Muggins has just got a PDA, or handheld comnputer, that does so many things, I could almost marry it. MP3, Video, diary, GPS, internet connection (Wireless and bluetooth) cookery, kinky sex (Still in beta testing, but Lloyds TSB will surely shaft me for it next month)

With a memory card, (I do a lot of photography and have many CF cards lying around) the sky is the limit. If you harbour the dream that a youngster might use it for academic purposes, then you must be mad, but it is a so far, very impressive device and has scope to do just about anything. In fact, I have just downloaded Skype for Pocket PCs, (VoIP or internet phone) thus turning it into a very acceptable way of avoiding enriching BT, whilst out on the road. Surprsingly cheap too.

Conan the TurboGeek

BRL
14th Nov 2005, 23:40
This is the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks all. :)