PDA

View Full Version : BA at Man Yesterday 12/11/05

deanofs
13th Nov 2005, 14:54
Was at the aviation viewing park and a BA small jet ?Embraeer was tugged out to an intersection of taxi ways...then a vehicle with Airport Manager emblazened on it appeared and the white haired guy goes from the car to the BA Jet, then door closes and the jet start turning 30 degrees or so at a time then stopping nothing seems to happen then it does it again, every time turning clockwise, every so often the guy comes out of the jet and possible takes a picture goes on for about 50 minutes and about 6 or more complete 360 degree turns in 30 - 45 degrees at a time.

What was going on ?

Eventually tug reappeared to take the jet back to the BA end of the airport... captain and first officer appeared to be in the cockpit

Thanks

helicopter-redeye
13th Nov 2005, 15:01
Guess #1 - Compass swing (the 'camera' would have been a compass used to check the compass in the cokpit (DRC) and the DG.

groundfine
13th Nov 2005, 15:04
Compass Swing or Photo Opportunity?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
14th Nov 2005, 11:54
I too saw it, was as far as I am aware a compass swing as this has to be done away from any buildings or metal structures to get a correct compass reading

G-I-B

Dash-7 lover
14th Nov 2005, 13:09
It was the third attempt to compass swing GERJC. Ongoing problems with a compass heading split.